Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dukes69
    RE 4.5" springs typically yield about 5-5.5 inches of lift. 3" springs will yield 4-4.5 inches. While big lifted Jeeps look cool parked at the mall, they dont always do best offroad. Alot of people run the shorter spring to keep the COG low. The idea is to fit the largest tire possible with the smallest amount of lift.
    That's what I figured. Before I lift I want to know which would be better for me. 4.5 lift with 35 tires, or 3.5 lift with 33 tires. I am new to this, I don't really want to do extreme stuff, but I dont want to worry about scraping all the time. I'll keep reading the forum to learn as much as I can before deciding. Thanks to all for any input. Mat

Comment

Originally posted by mrthieba
      That's what I figured. Before I lift I want to know which would be better for me. 4.5 lift with 35 tires, or 3.5 lift with 33 tires. I am new to this, I don't really want to do extreme stuff, but I dont want to worry about scraping all the time. I'll keep reading the forum to learn as much as I can before deciding. Thanks to all for any input. Mat
      No problemo. Don't worry about scraping stuff. Thats what skid plates are for.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

On my pos I have run RE 3.5, 4.5 short arm, 3.5, 4.5 and 5.5 long arm, The best working kit was the 3.5 shortarm. Everything else is way behind it.
        I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
        Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Beat98TJ View Post
          On my pos I have run RE 3.5, 4.5 short arm, 3.5, 4.5 and 5.5 long arm, The best working kit was the 3.5 shortarm. Everything else is way behind it.
          quite possibly my favorite suspension post to date. :yay:
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I've read a lot of good comments on the R.E. 4.5 lift with 3.5 springs. That is the way I plan to go. It won't happen too soon, but I should be able to do it within the year. Thnx beat98.

Comment

Originally posted by mrthieba View Post
              I have the same question, but I want to know why people get the RE 4.5 short arm with the 3.5 springs? Why not keep the longer springs for additional lift? There is no cost difference from what I've seen.
              The reason many people (myself included) get the 4.5" kit with the 3.5" springs is that we only want 3.5" of lift, but the 4.5" kit includes adjustable upper control arms and an adjustable front track bar where the 3.5" kit does not. It is cheaper (at least it was when I bought the lift) to buy the 4.5" kit and specify the 3.5" springs than it was to buy the 3.5" kit and add on the adjustable arms and track bar.
              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes View Post
                The reason many people (myself included) get the 4.5" kit with the 3.5" springs is that we only want 3.5" of lift, but the 4.5" kit includes adjustable upper control arms and an adjustable front track bar where the 3.5" kit does not. It is cheaper (at least it was when I bought the lift) to buy the 4.5" kit and specify the 3.5" springs than it was to buy the 3.5" kit and add on the adjustable arms and track bar.
                If you buy direct you can kit it anyway you want. They custom packaged every kit I have bought from them.
                I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
                Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

Working...
                X