Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension lifts?

i've had my jeep for a few years and its gotten me in and out of some sticky situations. It currently has a 2 inch suspension lift that gets the job done, but its time to move on to bigger things. I was thinkin a 4 inch supension lift but i'm not sure which brand. And whats the difference in long arm short arm. I want to run 35 inch tires under it so what else would i need to do to accomadate that size tire. :confused: PLEASE HELP!!!
    Rubicon Express
    61.90%
    Tera FLex
    28.57%
    Sky Jacker
    9.52%
    Fab Tech
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Long Arm: 1)Full Traction 2)RE
    Medium Arm: Currie J-arm
    Short arm: Currie short arm

Joel

Comment

Best of all possible worlds: Leafs!

Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

FT or RK. They both do away with the rear track bar.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Not sure what rear axle your running, but I'd strongly suggest staying at 33's or below if you have the D35 rear axle. If you're pretty set on 35's, then a rear axle swap should be high on your list.

35's can also warrant a R&P swap to get the gearing more manageable.

Comment

Originally posted by vajeeper
            i've had my jeep for a few years and its gotten me in and out of some sticky situations. It currently has a 2 inch suspension lift that gets the job done, but its time to move on to bigger things. I was thinkin a 4 inch supension lift but i'm not sure which brand. And whats the difference in long arm short arm. I want to run 35 inch tires under it so what else would i need to do to accomadate that size tire. :confused: PLEASE HELP!!!
            what kind of jeep do you have? :confused:

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by flywaterguide
              what kind of jeep do you have? :confused:
              that would help

but if perhaps its a YJ or CJ cant go wrong with BDS or RE
              Carlos

92 YJ
              GO VEGAN!
              volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

Rock Krawler 5.5" Long Arm

you can see more info at www.rockkrawler.com

I am a distributor of RK. shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions or would like a great price on any of their kits.

brandon@hippshobbies.com

Comment

Originally posted by HIPPER
                  Rock Krawler 5.5" Long Arm

you can see more info at www.rockkrawler.com

I am a distributor of RK. shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions or would like a great price on any of their kits.

brandon@hippshobbies.com
                  at least your not biased.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

my opinion... axles aside... for 35s... a 4.5" RE short arm with a 1" body lift will do just fine. Currie short arms will bind less during flex due to their dual john currie joints. A long arm will ride much better on the street. The Full Traction 6" long arm seems to be well designed and should fit 35s without a body lift.

I don't know much about the other lifts you listed.

you should also consider an sye/cv slip driveshaft and wheels with 4.5" or less of backspacing.

:2:
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

sorry i forgot to put what type of jeep i had in the orignal post. I have a 97 jeep wrangler sport. Thanks for the help

Comment

Sorry bud.

Out of the lifts you mentioned, I would go with RE. They have a great following and people say they are better than a lot of others. I just wanted to give you another quality option. RK's kit are right up there in quality as the more expensive kits. Personally, I wouldn't go with a lift kit that doesn't eliminate the rear track bar like RK does. That's just me.

Sorry for not mentioning in the above post that it was only my opinion.

Good luck with whatever kit you choose.

As far as wheels, you could run wheel spacers instead of getting new wheels. Or, you could pur a couple of washers behind your steering stops.

blkTJ is right, you should plan on doing an sye/cv DS. Unless you lower the t-case skid and raise the engine. This may get rid of some of the vibes, but the CV DS is the best way to go.

Comment

I have the RE 4.5" Superflex and LOVE it. Lot's of flex and a good ride on the street.

Jason
                          The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

I run the teraflx system with the systems upgrade kit, works for me, but I am a trails guy who does rocks if they are in the way
                            I have looked at a lot of long arm systems and can say from my veiwpoint you would want a long arm upper and lower set up like the RE
                            having short uppers kinda defeats the porpose. AS I SEE IT
                            with both arms long your axle will flex freely and not bind between the arms
                            JUST MY 2 CENTS
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Pro-Comp

Any one have any comments on Pro-Comp suspension lifts? I just purchased a 4" lift for my 94 YJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X