Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yjbjeepin
    Any one have any comments on Pro-Comp suspension lifts? I just purchased a 4" lift for my 94 YJ.
    stiff as hell, takes a long time too break in
    Carlos

92 YJ
    GO VEGAN!
    volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

The best lift is the one that's best for you. I went with the Superlift Rockrunner 4" kit. So far I love it. It works well on the trail and is superb on pavement. Unlike many jeepers, I was looking for pavement performance in a lift as our jeep is a daily driver. R/E makes good stuff, but double heim-joint control arms mean a harsher, noisier ride. Rockkrawler makes awesomely flexy kits, but on-road handling suffers. I went with what I felt to be the best comprimise. BTW, the rockrunner uses threaded upper and lower control arms that rely on the swivel for flex instead of the bushing ala TerraFlex.
      It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
      and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
        R/E makes good stuff, but double heim-joint control arms mean a harsher, noisier ride..
        this statement is flawed. RE uses one joint and one rubber bushing.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Currie has J-joints at each end.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
            Currie has J-joints at each end.
            this statement is not flawed.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              this statement is flawed. RE uses one joint and one rubber bushing.
              Sorry, my bad. I thought R/E used double heims like the Skyjacker double flex and the curries. Oops
              It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
              and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

i dont know much about tJ suspension, but dont the johnnies get jacked up if dirt and other stuff gets in them and isnt the rubber type the best because they are quiet and pretty decent, therefore wouldnt RE be the best option?
                Carlos

92 YJ
                GO VEGAN!
                volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

Long arm I like the RE setup, it makes sense.
                  But the major issue is how much do you need? I see guys running short arms doing things that others with long arms will not try, I think everyone who buys a lift needs to think about what they want to do. After I wore out my CJ, I bought the TJ and wheeled it stock a few times in a fashion of how I normally wheel, then I went down and bought a lift system that worked best for me.
                  censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                  X