Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tall gears.....

Hey does Roger know there's some Jeep CJ axles with Ox locker, alloy shafts and 4.56 gears in the parts section by dirtman?

There's the answer to those "really tall" gears and traction...
    " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
    Rick W6RE

Comment

Originally posted by OllllllO View Post
      Hey does Roger know there's some Jeep CJ axles with Ox locker, alloy shafts and 4.56 gears in the parts section by dirtman?

There's the answer to those "really tall" gears and traction...
      Rick, Yes I do thanks, I took a pretty hefty pay cut and so my Jeepin funds are really tight. Otherwise I'd be haulin' a$$ to Santa Ana to pick up Chucks axles!

I wonder if they are possseded by the "Flop Demon"?
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
        Rick, Yes I do thanks, I took a pretty hefty pay cut and so my Jeepin funds are really tight. Otherwise I'd be haulin' a$$ to Santa Ana to pick up Chucks axles!

I wonder if they are possseded by the "Flop Demon"?
        I possess the flop demon not the axles.
        Check out .

Comment

Roger your Jeep is really lookin good my bro..I,m with ya on the po- boy build still tryin myself to keep up with ya,ll..
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Really it's the journey. I really like figuring out stuff the cheap way. That is why I am trying to register for some welding classes at the community college. So I can make stuff on the cheap. I swear I have more pride in the stuff I have made myself for my Jeep then I do for the stuff I bought. My hand tied $5 cargo nets probably are not the best cargo nets in the world but I'm damn proud of them.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Geeb - There's nothing wrong with your Jeep! You've done a great job!

Scott - welding classes is a great idea! Yep, I really liked your cargo netting. I'm all about doin' it yerself!

Every time I look at my Jeep I get a big smile I can't wipe off my face! This is the do-it-yourself pride smile!
              MJR moderator
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Those cargo nets are sweet! I wanna do that! and the welding class is a great idea, it would be cool to get a few of us together and go down to VVC... an' I think the Flop Demon hangs out in the passenger seat, I only flop after my passenger gets out... :devil: good to see you t'other day Roger!
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Roger,

You and those others on the board that do a lot of their own projects inexpensively inspire me.

I've been working on clearing out my garage, which I couldn't even walk through a few weeks ago from all of the stuff I had in there. I've been tossing all of the scraps of construction material that I was saving to complete my projects on the house. I gave a bunch of stuff to the Goodwill like computers and monitors that I had in my computer lab that I haven't used for a long time.

It's now worth more to me to get my space back. I won't get rid of everything, but at least want the floor space back and what's left over can go in the cabinets and at the edges of the space. My garage is a little bit larger than the "average guy's garage" that they set up on the "Xtreme 4x4" TV show. That give's me hope for doing at least some of my own work. Unfortunately, I don't have the height for a lift.

To top it off, the stuff that you guys make looks and works great!

Thanks for posting about it.

Christian
                  Last edited by headhunter; 11-20-09, 05:16 PM.
                  "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

So...how many antenna's do you really need?

LOL

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Six looks good to me?
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Too funny Nate!

There's really only three antennas. AM/FM, CB, & 2m/440 MHz. One of the things you see that may look like an antenna is a 150' tall light pole lighting up the Airport Ramp! The other three are flag poles
                        MJR moderator
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                        X