Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could use some help

Hey I know it's kind of last minute. I'm going to be working on my suspension all day Saturday by myself. I was talking to Mitch today and he was concerned that working alone if the Jeep fell on me, no one would be around to help me.

So I anyone in the high Desert is bored and has nothing to do tomorrow, I could use a hand. Lunch would be on me.

As I previously stated, it's the last minute so I totally understand if you can't.

Roger
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    Hey I know it's kind of last minute. I'm going to be working on my suspension all day Saturday by myself. I was talking to Mitch today and he was concerned that working alone if the Jeep fell on me, no one would be around to help me.

So I anyone in the high Desert is bored and has nothing to do tomorrow, I could use a hand. Lunch would be on me.

As I previously stated, it's the last minute so I totally understand if you can't.

Roger
    I'll be on 3N93 with the AAT team tomorrow Roger. But listen to daddy Mitch, he sounds wise. So whatcha doin to the suspension?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
      . . . So whatcha doin to the suspension?
      I'm adding a leaf to each leaf spring set and putting on 33" tires. This will be in total compliance with my "Po-boy" Jeep build....
      MJR moderator
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,

I'll stop by after the JV run this afternoon to check on things. Good luck and do be careful.

Mitch

Comment

Can you set up some type of camera so we ALL could watch(make bets too)?
          Respectfully,
          LG
          Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
            Can you set up some type of camera so we ALL could watch(make bets too)?
            Respectfully,
            LG
            Hey Lumpy,

NO CAMERAS! This is a family oriented fourm. Since I'm not a mechanic, the language could get ugly.

It did go fairly well today. I only completed three leaf sets in 11 hours. Like I said, I'm not a mechanic! Hopefully I will finish it tomorrow.

Looks pretty awesome so far.

Roger
            MJR moderator
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,

I hoped that it was done and a nice easy job for you. I cruised thru Lucerne at 8:00am and then again at 6:00pm. I'm supposed to go shooting with Dave in the morning, so I will check in with you and see if you are at church or swearing in your garage.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch!

I'm playing hookey from church today. (After yesterday, the Lord knows I really need to go though ). Stop on by, You won't recognize my Jeep! Dennis, Jeep4play is coming over this morning to help me wrap it up. I'll post up a photo when she's done.

I've been trying to come up with a name for my baby. I'm down to "Night Ops" or Black Ops".
                Last edited by Roger; 11-08-09, 07:26 AM.
                MJR moderator
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Hey Roger, when you get that beast lifted, I got some 38's swampers that would look good on her, Kevin.

Comment

Roger,

Maybe we can take it over to Bullfrog and try it out on "JEEP EATER"! That would be a good way to test everything. Now you need to change your MJR slogan.

Mitch

Comment

Come on out to Cleghorn both of you and have some fun.

Comment

Roger,

Quit teasing us, where are the pictures of your new tires? Do your shackles move correctly now, that should help with articulation. With your project in mind, I bought some new shoes also. See what you started. Now you owe me $700. Just trying to keep up.

Mitch

Comment

Mitch - Your brand new tires are all dirty and stuff. How can this be?

Kevin - 38's eh? There are not enough diamonds at Zales to bribe my wife with to buy those tires!

Art - Cleghorn bypasses are now on my list of things to do.

Well I was able to complete the project today. A BIG THANKS to Dennis Jeep4play for his help today.

Also a big thanks for Randy, My broken Jeep, for the great deal on the 5 tires and the gift of longer sway bar arms. I need to go find the tread posted a while back on home made quick disconnects.

I would also like to thank Dan, VVjeep freek for the gift of the four 8" steel wheels.

(Starting to sound like I won an Oscar)

I now have 5" of lift, so It should do a little better on the rougher trails. I still have very tall R & P gears. I'm going to start saving up for either new gears and/or have my Dana 300 T-case converted to 4:1. It will be awhile, either project costs BIG $$. It has taken me three years to get this far.

Next time I'm around one of you guys that knows a lot, I'd like some opinions whether or not I need a drop pitman arm. It seems to look okay and drives fine & I like the fact that the steering rod is now higher up and a little more out of the way.
                          Last edited by Roger; 11-08-09, 06:59 PM.
                          MJR moderator
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

Cool Roger lookin forward to seein your big ole jeep when ya get her done!! Who would a thunk Roger going to 33,s..SWEET!!!
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Time for Roger to turn in his "most Rockin Jeep on 31s" award he got at the M&G. Now he is playing with the big boys and girls.
                              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Working...
                              X