Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geeb & Brian,

I've spent a lot of time, effort, & $$ the last couple of years just getting my poor ole' CJ into good mechanical condition.

Now that it's running great, I can slowly start uprgading her. Still on a tight budget though, my "Po' boy" build...

Oh, and Brian. I was very honored to win the coveted award. I'm keepin' it until the next MJR meet & greet. Until then, I ain't changin' my title under my name
    Last edited by Roger; 11-08-09, 09:50 PM.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,was glad to help.It got me out of the house and your project was more fun then the honey-do list.
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
        ... your project was more fun then the honey-do list.
        Dennis,

Ain't that the truth! Any Jeep project beats a honey-do list! I'm going to try to stop by after work tonight.

Roger
        MJR moderator
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,

I had to laugh at your statement: I've spent a lot of time, effort, and $$'s! I know how you spend $$'s on your projects. There's the $2.39 cent rear carrier, the $1.45 Hi-lift jack carrier, the........

I can't wait to see it. It's really cool that you did it yourself! I don't know what thats like.

Mitch

Comment

Well I was out today driving around Victorville and I saw this old CJ sitting in a parking lot at the airport. Then as I got closer I noticed the HUGE TIRES AND LIFT!!!!! I'm thinking that is one bad ass rig there. Then I realized that it was Rogers ever changing Jeep. Good job Roger. Oh do we have some fun planned for you now!

Mitch

Hey, someone had to take some pictures!

Comment

Nice looking CJ Roger. What a change! I wish I lived closer to you. I would be over more often then you would like I am sure trying to gleam some thrifty Jeeping knowledge from you.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Yea no more I can't do that trail in my jeep excuses.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Okay, I've been violated. Someone is stalking me, taking photos when I'm not around.... I hope it wasn't a PI hired by my wife to track down where all the money went to.

Scott - I come by "thrifty" honestly. I'm 1/2 Sweede & 1/2 Scottish.... Can't get much thriftier than that combination!

Curtis - Dang it, I was afraid you might say that.

Now to start saving for new R & P gears and lockers. Anyone got any AMC 20 and Dana 30 R & P grears that are 410's or there-a-bouts laying around their garage they want me to haul away??

Thanks everyone for your encouragement & support! There's no better forum than MJR on the planet....
                  MJR moderator
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Looking good Roger. I agree with Curtis...no more excuses.

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    Now to start saving for new R & P gears and lockers. Anyone got any AMC 20 and Dana 30 R & P grears that are 410's or there-a-bouts laying around their garage they want me to haul away??
                    I'll be posting my stuff up this weekend. Everything under the Jeep will be up for sale. Call me later and we can talk.
                    Check out .

Comment

Looks great, Roger. Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow.
                      "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Roger,

I have to admit the ole Jeep is looking better and better!

Not that long ago.

Mitch

Comment

Thanks Mitch. I guess it really did change the entire appearance of my Jeep! I Can't wait for Summer to take the hard top off.

I was happy with the way it handled yesterday also.
                          MJR moderator
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

...Also a big thanks for Randy, My broken Jeep, for the great deal on the 5 tires and the gift of longer sway bar arms. I need to go find the tread posted a while back on home made quick disconnects.
                            Roger, no problem on the sway bars... glad they worked for you. Glad the tires are working too... they look good on your rig!

By the way... as soon as I get my CJ-7 fixed (again), I will be changing my name... the name "Roger" has seemed to keep your jeep running and out of trouble... maybe I will borrow it for a while... ok?
                            Regards,
                            Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
                              By the way... as soon as I get my CJ-7 fixed (again), I will be changing my name... the name "Roger" has seemed to keep your jeep running and out of trouble... maybe I will borrow it for a while... ok?

I don't know about that, I've had my share of problems also. I don't think "Roger" has kept anyone out of trouble.
                              How about naming your rig after your wife? That should keep you out of trouble for sure!

Come to think of it, that may not be so good after all. Years ago I tried to name our boat the "Leakin' LeAnne". That didn't go over so well....
                              MJR moderator
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

I don't know about that, I've had my share of problems also. I don't think "Roger" has kept anyone out of trouble.
                                How about naming your rig after your wife? That should keep you out of trouble for sure!

Come to think of it, that may not be so good after all. Years ago I tried to name our boat the "Leakin' LeAnne". That didn't go over so well....
                                I hear what you are saying... "Leakin' Carmen" probably wouldn't go over well... "Kreeeking Carmen" wouldn't work either... How about this for a name "She's running circles around me again." or that a bit too descriptive.
                                Last edited by MyBrokenJeep; 11-13-09, 12:29 AM.
                                Regards,
                                Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Working...
                                X