Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks BlackZZR. I have a 4" lift now. Just looking for more room as she still rubs the 33" tires.

Comment

I run 3 1/2 lift and 1 inch body and I have no problems with 33 x 12.50s, I would look at the backspacing of my rims first, before going on to anything else
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

I agree. But I like how they stick out for more stability. Unless I am looking at it wrong? If I change the wheels then they will not stick out.

Comment

Im running a 3 1/2 skyjacker and 1 3/4 shackles and was looking for just a bit of lift to clear the 33's and decided to make the body kit. I made 1 3/4 inch pucks from 6061 alunimun. This is still my DD and runs great up and down the pass, not too tall and does great twisting up. Just my :2:

An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I am leaning towards the 2" BL actually Thanks for the pics.
            Last edited by Jeep4cern; 07-22-09, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Almost done. Just a few things left to do! Here is with a 4" suspension lift and a 4" supension lift and a 2" body lift. Thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

Just a reminder after doing your 2 inch body lift that you address your fan and fan shroud. The shroud needs to be moved the 2 inches you lifted the body, or the fan will hit when you get the rig all twisted up.
                Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
                  Just a reminder after doing your 2 inch body lift that you address your fan and fan shroud. The shroud needs to be moved the 2 inches you lifted the body, or the fan will hit when you get the rig all twisted up.
                  Thanks for the heads up. The kit came with a relocation bracket to drop the radiator down. Which the shrouds also goes back down to stock height.

Comment

Another solution to the fan shroud to fan alignment is leave the radiator and shroud in the stock location and use a "Motor-Up" kit. It replaces the stock motor mounts with new ones which move the front of the engine up to properly align the fan with the radiator. A secondary benefit is improved driveline angle.

I did a 1" body lift on my YJ and used the corresponding "Motor-Up" kit. Works great!!!!
                    Never the last trail!:cactus:

Comment

Originally posted by DirtBall89 View Post
                      Another solution to the fan shroud to fan alignment is leave the radiator and shroud in the stock location and use a "Motor-Up" kit. It replaces the stock motor mounts with new ones which move the front of the engine up to properly align the fan with the radiator. A secondary benefit is improved driveline angle.

I did a 1" body lift on my YJ and used the corresponding "Motor-Up" kit. Works great!!!!
                      I agree 100%. I am not getting any cooling issues. So, i'll leave it for now I need to get a few other things on my list

Comment

Working...
                      X