Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1" or 2" body lift?

Well, after last nights run (Cleghorn). I think a small body lift is in order. Not sure if 1" or 2"? The tires rubbed a lot! Even though I am supposed to have a 4" lift. Can I get some feedback on what you guys have?

Thanks,
    Ron

Hey Ron,
    You know I have a 1" on mine. Most don't go more that, cuz you don't want to get too top heavy.
    Should solve your prob. If not just break out the sawzall!!
    When you decide. C'mon over and we'll throw it on.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
      Hey Ron,
      You know I have a 1" on mine. Most don't go more that, cuz you don't want to get too top heavy.
      Should solve your prob. If not just break out the sawzall!!
      When you decide. C'mon over and we'll throw it on.

Scott
      Ya, I knew you had the 1". I remember talking to you about it a few months ago I think. But, I couldn't remember if you said 1" and 2" was ok just not 3" like the Avalanche? But, it sounds like 1" only. Thanks Scott I might just take you up on it!

Comment

Neither dont believe in them.
        just my 2 cents
        2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Hey Ron,

I have a 2" Performance Accessories body lift on mine and have never had a problem with it!

I also have a set of 1 1/4 " Heavy duty shackles from Warrior Products that I took off mine after I replaced them with the boomerangs. If you want'em, let me know!

Scott
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Ron,

1" body lift and 1" Currie Motor Mount lift. Never a problem. Just make sure that that will fix your problem, otherwise it's try this, then try this, then try this..... It depends on where the tires are rubbing. Would a wheel with a different "offset" fix it? Would a set of wheel spacers fix it? Study it before you start changing things.

Mitch

Comment

Same here Mitch, 1' body and 1" currie motor mounts.
              Needed it for the "tummy tuck" I want.

Was it your rear tires rubbin', Ron?

Comment

The rear for sure. I can also see it where it rubs. The front I am not 100%. I think it does also.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                  The rear for sure. I can also see it where it rubs. The front I am not 100%. I think it does also.
                  Yeah your rears are purty close to the fenders.

Scott

Comment

They are. But, I did trim them. So now it's rubbing in the inside now (not the plastic fender). Right on the corner.

I heard a clunk sound on the rear. I looked, I think the rear u joint is going out. I will have Ken look at it. It looks like its got some play. I am betting a SYE is something around the corner. Sigh! They are huge coin + labor

Comment

Those are some purdy wheels you got. Are they the correct backspacing? And what kind of tires are you running?
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Not sure. The previous owner put them on. The tires are 33x12.5x15 Maxxis.

Comment

I think the backspacing should be 3.5 inches?
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Here is a 2" for $89
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-95...Q5fAccessories

Comment

I run the one inch
                              did it so I could belly up
                              I would not suggest more body lift than needed, the only reason most owners of TJs do it is for a belly up kit. other wise you just making longer levers out of the mounting bolts. seen many a jeep crack mounting tabs from to much body lift.
                              I remember seeing a thread where Nailer made new higher body tabs, way kool way to do it.
                              Anyway I would suggest not more than 1 inch and besides that redoing the suspension.
                              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X