Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dunno yet. maybe 2 tubes going across with brackets on ends. welded. gonna figure something out.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Dang Josh, your Jeep's going to be pretty sick by the time you're all done. Can't wait to see it finished.
      WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

Yeah is at a stand still right now. got the front 60. completely stripped. shaved the pumpkin to fit the brackets and cleaned it up.

just have to rebuild seals and KP. then throw it back together and start mocking it up.

at tinbenders actually got some ideas for my front setup.

I wanna start this by the end of the week. just gotta get the front frame cleaned up.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

ready for a test run Josh ???
          moon buggy
          5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

lol.
            need a set of 16 airshocks up front. and a 3 link front. that is it of the big stuff.

got some irok 40's last night.

then just little stuff driveshafts and brakes and that stuff. I am thinking June 1st test run. But I am also crazy.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Josh, maybe we can beat on our jeeps together. Im planning on doing a long arm kit as well, although mine is staying streetable, and cheap-able a well.
              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                Josh, maybe we can beat on our jeeps together. Im planning on doing a long arm kit as well, although mine is staying streetable, and cheap-able a well.
                I think for a while I am gonna baby the throttle on my jeep. I dont like empty pockets. I dont mind body damage though. I wanna tube it out.
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

alright so the time is coming for a front 3 link. anyone got any tips or things I need to watch out for.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

what year 60 are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                      I think for a while I am gonna baby the throttle on my jeep. I dont like empty pockets. I dont mind body damage though. I wanna tube it out.
                      tack things in place and cycle 100 times before welding
                      when mrblaine and i did mine, there were 1/8" clearances that had to be worked out, and the only way to do it was to cycle it over and over to make sure we got the most out of the design.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

right on. I figured the front would be way more difficult than the back. with the steering and all.

do you have to have the steering in? or can I setup the links and all first.
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

you set up the links and tack them. then the steering and tack it, cycling all the while to see what might crash into something else.
                          don't forget to turn the wheel lock to lock as you are cycling. there is a lot of crap shoved into a small space on the front of the jeep. clearances are minimal.
                          take your time and do it right the first time.
                          cycle-cycle-cycle.

are you going to the meet and greet?
                          if so.... you should have a look at Gerald's jeep for some ideas.
                          ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                            you set up the links and tack them. then the steering and tack it, cycling all the while to see what might crash into something else.
                            don't forget to turn the wheel lock to lock as you are cycling. there is a lot of crap shoved into a small space on the front of the jeep. clearances are minimal.
                            take your time and do it right the first time.
                            cycle-cycle-cycle.

are you going to the meet and greet?
                            if so.... you should have a look at Gerald's jeep for some ideas.
                            no. will be at genright selling all my treasures for project money.

the reason about the steering is I still cannot fully decide if i wanna do the full hydro or assist.

The clearances I think I can work out. I ordered a truss to use as a upper mount.

I got all the pics off the net of others jeeps but then my comp crashed and gotta start over
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

go with assist.
                              ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
                                what year 60 are you using?
                                89 f350.

ordered some fox 2.5 air shocks yesterday.

Should be rolling in 2 weeks.

comp cutted the corners tonight.
                                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                                X