Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Genright rear 4 link

picked it up the other day. Loaded it up in my truck. as soon as I got home I opened the boxes.

currie joints. links. brackets are beef. badass

Crappy pic. broke it out at calico. lasted only one trip. broke lcd screen and shutter doesnt always open.

anyways got all the stock brackets stripped off. got the frame ones in. I like the idea of a kit. makes it real easy versus finding where everything goes.

anyone got any pics of it on their jeep????? Any tips?

shooting for 102 on 40's. or 42's Andrew????
    decided to go hydro assist.
    gonna 3 link the front after finished in back.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Josh,

Here are some pix:

Gerald

Here is the complete Unrolled Build Slide show:http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...view=slideshow
    http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

I would get four fixed JJ for the LCA as they loosen up all of the time when you rub. They spin loose all of the time. I'm probably going to just tack one side on to stop that.

Make sure you have a minimum 8" of separtion between the control arms at the axle side.

Gerald

Comment

awesome thanks.
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

are you doing the work or getting it done at a shop? This kit is a dream kit, but would require way too much $$$ at a shop to install. I guess im going to try a RE long arm kit front and a 4 link rear. Looking at TnT as well...

*subscribed looks like a fun project*
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
            are you doing the work or getting it done at a shop? This kit is a dream kit, but would require way too much $$$ at a shop to install. I guess im going to try a RE long arm kit front and a 4 link rear. Looking at TnT as well...

*subscribed looks like a fun project*
            doing it at my apartment.

gonna do the front at a friends shop. Is way more work than the rear.

It is a fun project. I am confused half the time. Robert came by today and straightened me out and so forth. I think I will be alright now.

Got the truss today and the thing is solid. I am digging this.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Your right! The front is a lot more work. Once youget the front done the back will fall right in.

Are you use the Genright stretch tank or putting in a fuel cell up top? The reason I ask is, I could only get 100" out of mine without going full hydro.

PM if you need any help.

Gerald

Comment

his Gen-right tank is for sale so im thinking fuel cell.

You must have a cool apartment to allow you to weld. Mine would probably have a hissy fit. My moms apartments threatened to tow my jeep away when I had the rear axle pulled getting work done to it haha.

good luck! keep those pics coming
                Last edited by miguelitojeep97; 04-19-09, 02:50 AM.
                [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

yeah fuel cell.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by provelogear View Post
                    I would get four fixed JJ for the LCA as they loosen up all of the time when you rub. They spin loose all of the time. I'm probably going to just tack one side on to stop that.

Make sure you have a minimum 8" of separtion between the control arms at the axle side.

Gerald
                    I see what you mean. I might just tack them in place. my budget cant afford some more ends.

got everything ready will get all the lengths and play with it tomorrow for binding and so forth.

where it is at right now. is 106wb. dunno what I am shooting for just want a wicked stretch.

going to look at another set of tires tomorrow. trying to find something in my price range.
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

You're really going to like 102+ as you'll be able to climb well.

Is the fuel cell going to be hard to keep all of the emission stuff together. I know mine was a pain when I move all of the stuff from the rear quarter to underneath. And, I've seen one put together where the fuel cell and emission control stuff was neatly packaged behind the seats.

I would have like to do it that way but I still have young ones that like to go with me so I have to have a back seat.

Can't wait to see it mocked up!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                        I see what you mean. I might just tack them in place. my budget cant afford some more ends.
                        You don't have to spend very much for more ends. It would not be very hard to find someone fixing to purchase some JJ's in the size you have and convince them to buy the JJ barrels and trade you nearly straight across.

By the time you add in the Jam nuts to the shanked JJ's, they are nearly the same price.

Besides which, you could do with some slightly shorter arms.
                        I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by provelogear View Post
                          You're really going to like 102+ as you'll be able to climb well.

Is the fuel cell going to be hard to keep all of the emission stuff together. I know mine was a pain when I move all of the stuff from the rear quarter to underneath. And, I've seen one put together where the fuel cell and emission control stuff was neatly packaged behind the seats.

I would have like to do it that way but I still have young ones that like to go with me so I have to have a back seat.

Can't wait to see it mocked up!
                          I dunno about the fuel cell yet. Kinda playing it by ear. Reading alot of forums and asking people questions.

Flexed it out yesterday. no binding nothing noticeable. Looks fine.

Burning it in today. Buddy coming by to do it.

The emissions probably will find a new home by the tummy tuck. where the locker pumps were.

Miller lockers front and rear.

Will send you a pic when the back is done.
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

got the rear in. ended up with 104WB. I need to get a bunch o little things for it now.
                            straps, tie in brakes, shocks, and crossmembers in.

anyways am preparing for the front.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

what are you doing for an x-member?

Comment

Working...
                              X