Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtis View Post
    Silvergoat What lift did you have before the Treks (tnt) lift.

Curtis
    When I bought it it had a Tuff Country lift, that was removed really quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
      A couple of weeks ago we had a group doing dishpan springs. We all went up the falls which btw is real rocky steep incline. One jeep in particuler had a little trouble going up it and had rather scary moment of going over backwards. It just happened to be the jeep with the higest front lift.He had long arm 5.5 RE with a acos spring adjuster on top of that giving him a total lift of ~7 " in front. The jeep even sat higher in the front then the back. I thought that jeep was going over for sure.when I went up it I had stalled out half way up and had too back down but in no way did i ever fell like it was going over.I restarted and just climbed right up it. I only have a re super flex with teraflex 3inch springs and a 1 inch spacer in the front to level it off because of the heavy winch. Funny thing about it is that jeep has been on it lid before. Just goes to show you that a low cog might be the way to go. You dont hardly ever see a competitive rock buggy with extreme amounts of lift. When I go to a monster truck jam its everything those guys can do to keep them off their lids.lol
      I also have an RE long arm. Went from short arm to long arm with 4.5" springs. The long arm has always (with 3.5, 4.5 and 5.5, coilovers, etc) had a tendancy to squat on climbs and send the nose skyward. The jeep climbed much better with the shortarm. Likely it had excessive antisquat.

Now running a prototype four link conversion kit. For the first time in years the jeep is climbing like it should.
      I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
      Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

Is it polyperformance 4 arm link?

Curtis
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

From what I understand is that the RE long arm lift is notorious for unloading the front on steep climbs.
          A suck down winch as on Stu Olson's website will help since it simply will not allow the front to come out of the springs he did a nice writeup on his and seems to love the result

http://www.stu-offroad.com/suspension/sdw/sdw-1.htm

Curtis the polyperformance rear 4 link kit looks nice little pricey but very nice I think Steve(Barney1) has that kit under the rear or atleast it uses the same axle truss,
          will have to crawl under his beasty and look at it I like how his Jeep suspension works
          http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...it-p-2072.html
          http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-16421.html
          Last edited by aw12345; 09-11-08, 05:09 PM. Reason: add text and hyperlink

Comment

hey art Steves lift is a nice home made job, and its a tri link not a triangulated poly kit I'am all most sure. I have looked.

Curtis
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
              Is it polyperformance 4 arm link?

Curtis

It isn't anything in the post below yours. Here is a link to a few pics.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showp...&postcount=123

Not exactly sure when it will be available.

Comment

Frank who made the rear axle link truss. I think i have seen it before but can not remember where.

Curtis

Comment

Poly Performance.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-17172.html

Comment

Hi Frank I went through most of your posts on Pirate 4x4 on your Jeep,must say Poly performance does some very nice work. Great looking Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      Hi Frank I went through most of your posts on Pirate 4x4 on your Jeep,must say Poly performance does some very nice work. Great looking Jeep
                      Drew, Dave and all the other guys up there are awesome. I am always happy to see what they have done to the Jeep when I get it back from them. I cannot complain about all the proto's I have gotten to test over time. Great company to work with.

Comment

Working...
                      X