Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know guys with FT longarm set ups. I was wondering about the FT short arm tri link.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Curtis, Fred who we wheeled with saturday has a trilink on the top of his rear axle if I am not mistaken, could ask him how he likes it but to me its the way to stop the back end from kicking/ jerking sideways will make a shortarm lift behave much more like a good long arm kit
      Yes he has a full traction long arm trilink in the back. He did say it made a difference as far as the side to side funky motion that you get when your suspension goes up and down. But as far as the jacking you get when going up steep inclines I think the longer arm is the remedy for that.

Comment

Some of the long arms do that also Rubicon express long arm is notorious for unloading. A front locker helps a lot too instead of trying to push the tires up it will simply climb up makes a big difference.
        Trying to get the front tires up a rock or ledge with selectable front locker on or of will show you how much of a difference it makes

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
          Yes he has a full traction long arm trilink in the back. He did say it made a difference as far as the side to side funky motion that you get when your suspension goes up and down. But as far as the jacking you get when going up steep inclines I think the longer arm is the remedy for that.
          All the jeeps with long arms that were with me on this run had no problem on this climb, In the pic you can see that my rear suspension has unloaded. The pic was taken after a quick shift into neutral to bring me back down.

Comment

Originally posted by silvergoat View Post
            All the jeeps with long arms that were with me on this run had no problem on this climb, In the pic you can see that my rear suspension has unloaded. The pic was taken after a quick shift into neutral to bring me back down.
            cool picture. So to sum up this thread is it based on personal experience?
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by silvergoat View Post
              So you had problems going up this? How high are your lift springs? I read alot that short arm suspension shouldnt be over 4" or else jacking will occure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                cool picture. So to sum up this thread is it based on personal experience?
                I will be going to a longarm setup sometime, becouse I do like steep vertical climbs.To me it seems the longarms let you climb with more control and stability. But for most every other type of wheeling I feel very confident in the set up I run. So I say wheel what ya want and enjoy what ya wheel.And this is based on my personal experience.

Comment

So you had problems going up this? How high are your lift springs? I read alot that short arm suspension shouldnt be over 4" or else jacking will occure.
                  My springs are 4.5". Problems going up? you bet, these pics do more justice to the climb and how steep it really is.

Comment

I really like your jeep what shocks are those? Do you think that if you had 3.5" springs instead of 4.5" it would be more stable going up those steep inclines?

Comment

I really like your jeep what shocks are those? Do you think that if you had 3.5" springs instead of 4.5" it would be more stable going up those steep inclines?
                      Thank you, the shocks are Bilstein 5150,s up front and 7100 in the rear. I think if I went to 2.5 inch springs it would help alittle but that climb would still be spooky.

Comment

So the tri link in the rear doesn't help with unloading and jacking! What if you had a small winch in front to pull the front end down when doing climbs like this? it also looks like you have spacers in the front. it does look tall for 4.5 lift. But it is one great looking jeep!
                        Curtis
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                          So the tri link in the rear doesn't help with unloading and jacking! What if you had a small winch in front to pull the front end down when doing climbs like this? it also looks like you have spacers in the front. it does look tall for 4.5 lift. But it is one great looking jeep!
                          Curtis
                          Thanks for the compliment.The Tri link gave me tons of flex and got rid of that side to side motion tj's have. The spacer you see in the pic is the factory rubber, RE springs run tall and also in the larger pic the front is unloaded at that point so it looks taller.I,m thinking of installing a suck down winch but I really dont think it will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Britain View Post
                            K my man! Wrong type of strap! This type fer those wheeling impaired drivers like this guy.

Hey! I know that guy too! I'm pretty sure that he is one of the guys holding on to MY strap!

[COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

A couple of weeks ago we had a group doing dishpan springs. We all went up the falls which btw is real rocky steep incline. One jeep in particuler had a little trouble going up it and had rather scary moment of going over backwards. It just happened to be the jeep with the higest front lift.He had long arm 5.5 RE with a acos spring adjuster on top of that giving him a total lift of ~7 " in front. The jeep even sat higher in the front then the back. I thought that jeep was going over for sure.when I went up it I had stalled out half way up and had too back down but in no way did i ever fell like it was going over.I restarted and just climbed right up it. I only have a re super flex with teraflex 3inch springs and a 1 inch spacer in the front to level it off because of the heavy winch. Funny thing about it is that jeep has been on it lid before. Just goes to show you that a low cog might be the way to go. You dont hardly ever see a competitive rock buggy with extreme amounts of lift. When I go to a monster truck jam its everything those guys can do to keep them off their lids.lol
                              Last edited by Jeeperator; 09-09-08, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Silvergoat What lift did you have before the Treks (tnt) lift.

Curtis

Comment

Working...
                                X