Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbrazor1 View Post
    r u going spring over
    No, hadn't planned on that. Doing a proper spring over requires more stuff than I can spend $$ on right now.

My main goal for bringing the YJ up some; is to stop wearing on my new 33's every time I hit a bump or dip. Currently I lose more rubber on the inside of the wheel wells than on the pavement or rocks.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Davisrats View Post
      i ordered currie universal shock mounts, they work well and a good price 15.00$ a pair. Also, I ordered them on tuesday night and they were at the house thursday.
      The front ones are level with the bottom of the axle. The rear ones are up a little from level. ce-7020.
      http://currieenterprises.com/CEStore...E.aspx?id=1824
      I ordered these yesterday and a set of spring pads. Thanks Ron.

Comment

yea i need to move my front mounts on extreme flex my shock hits the caliper
        :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

I like the idea of raising the axle shock mounts. I've ripped my stock ones out before. They hang to low. Keep up us up to date on your progress.
          Check out .

Comment

QUOTE=Desert_Valdez;90926]I ordered these yesterday and a set of spring pads. Thanks Ron.[/QUOTE]

I know that you dont want to spend a bunch of $$$$, but if you are raising the lower shock mounts I would suggest considering a set of these.....

SH300 Shock Hoops Unpainted
            1987-1995 YJ Wrangler Front Upper Bolt On
            $84.00
            Sale $71.00

from M.O.R.E.
            http://www.mountainoffroad.com
            Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
              I like the idea of raising the axle shock mounts. I've ripped my stock ones out before. They hang to low. Keep up us up to date on your progress.
              Are your front axle shock mounts lower than the u-bolt spring pads? I have a 93 YJ and unless there were manufacturing changes from year to year, and depending upon how many rocks that you have hit, they should hang down about the same....I ask because I rarely drag them..... The lower rear shock mounts--those are a totally differant story! Those parts were among the first items to be modified.
              Money pit!

Comment

My front shock mounts are on the u-bolt plates, just like yours are I think. The tabs I'm going to cut off and re-locate are on the rear driveshaft. However, looking at M.O.R.E.'s website I came across product #9950... rear upper shock relocation brackets that allow a 2" more verticle without cutting through the body tub. Looking at them online...I think I can fab something like that up... but not sure if 2" will be enough.

Pictures from M.O.R.E.

On another note...

Anyone know where I can get a deal on a 4.88 gear for my front D30 for not too much dough?

Comment

[QUOTE=Desert_Valdez;90999]My front shock mounts are on the u-bolt plates, just like yours are I think. The tabs I'm going to cut off and re-locate are on the rear driveshaft. However, looking at M.O.R.E.'s website I came across product #9950... rear upper shock relocation brackets that allow a 2" more verticle without cutting through the body tub. Looking at them online...I think I can fab something like that up... but not sure if 2" will be enough.

Pictures from M.O.R.E.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH OK, I misunderstood you....I am using those rear shock mounts also. They are solid parts, but I welded them to the frame....I didnt think that the tab in the frame was all that great of an idea.

I mounted the lower edge of the rear shock mounts almost even with the lower edge of the axle and I am running shocks that 3 or 4 inches longer--not too worried as the leaf springs limit how far the axle can droop.

If you are ever in the area, look me up and you can see an example of my fine welding skills!
                  Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by pdw View Post
                    If you are ever in the area, look me up and you can see an example of my fine welding skills!
                    I hope to be in the area VERY soon.

Comment

Originally posted by pdw View Post
                      Are your front axle shock mounts lower than the u-bolt spring pads? I have a 93 YJ and unless there were manufacturing changes from year to year, and depending upon how many rocks that you have hit, they should hang down about the same....I ask because I rarely drag them..... The lower rear shock mounts--those are a totally differant story! Those parts were among the first items to be modified.
                      The fronts are really not a problem because the shock is in between the axle knuckle and the spring plate. I was referring to the rear. The shock sits on the inside of the spring plate and are very exposed. I have those boxed spring plates that hide the u-bolt threads and nuts. Oh yea...I hit a lot rocks.
                      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                        The fronts are really not a problem because the shock is in between the axle knuckle and the spring plate. I was referring to the rear. The shock sits on the inside of the spring plate and are very exposed. I have those boxed spring plates that hide the u-bolt threads and nuts. Oh yea...I hit a lot rocks.
                        That's what I thought, but I asked just to make sure....Look up the screen a post or three and see what Desert Valdez has in mind--that is what I already did with the shock mounts on my rear axle.
                        Money pit!

Comment

Real easy (and cheap!) way to get longer front shocks is to install F350 Ford shock towers. Does require welding though.
                          Jeff
                          OHV76V
                          KG6TY
                          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                            Real easy (and cheap!) way to get longer front shocks is to install F350 Ford shock towers. Does require welding though.
                            I bought those a while back and will be putting them in soon. I have seen that some people have bolted them in with much success. I will probably weld mine.
                            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                              THESE are the tricks and tips that are SO helpful!

I just want to get the YJ back on it's tires and will probably look into this in the future.

Comment

Oops -was F250 towers

http://easternshorejeep.com/Photobin/shock-tower-mod
                                Jeff
                                OHV76V
                                KG6TY
                                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
                                X