Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewminator View Post
    OK! Where is the popcorn for this thread!

Here you go...and I brought an extra one for ya!
    -Bob
    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post

Here you go...and I brought an extra one for ya!

SWEET! LOL!
      Drew
      95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
        I love love my 16's. I agree with Brian. really.

Hey Bob! You gotta funny way of parking. Have you been taking lessons from Max7?
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Absolutely....here he is teaching me my first lesson of parking correctly with a jeep. Not sure if you can see Joy totally freaking out in the passenger seat...

Hey were talking tires here... or rather...reading about em. "pass the popcorn".
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

To the OP, you'll never get a straight answer on that question, everyone is gonna say one tire is better then the other... I've run Wrangler MT/Rs and for the most part they were great on and off road, its in the rain and snow that they were all squirly (on the road) I didnt like them since i live where it rains and snows a good amount. Since them I have TrXus MT/Rs and so far i really like them, the wear semes to be good on road, they grip great offroad, and are great in the wet the added sipping make wet driving perfectly fine.
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I'm running BF G's on my 1 ton dodge 35'12.50 X16
              BF G's on the 86 KJ 32 11.50's and BF G's on the new JK 285/R 33x11.50 and i love them the 1 ton has 6 years on the same set with only 1 flat so far lol and i use to take it all over the place and drove it as my daily driver for 4 years so i guess I'm bias get it bias but BF G's are all i get anymore

Comment

Hmm...I'ma just run through a few tires, I've heard good reviews for...and then add my own $.02 on LOOKING for a tire to add tot he mayhem.

BFG's= a VERY popular tire. Run really well in the rocks, but don't shed all that great in the mud. If you can keep the RPMs high, and keep you tires spinning, they do great in the mud, and I believe even better in the snow.

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R = By far Goodyear's best Wrangler tire. Compared to the other Wrangler tires and the Wrangler A/T's...you can't even shake a stick at the MT/R. I've heard they aren't brilliant in wet weather, but they'll pull in the snow...just not ice (You want a seasonal or snow tire for that). Mud...they rock. The really aggressive, wide spaced tread pattern allows for easy shedding. And from the other guys on the forum, they seem to work alright in the rocks.

Mickey Thompsons= Great offroad tire if you keep to the dry stuff. Seems that they don't shed all that well in the mud, but like any other off-road tire that's not specifically made for mud...you've got keep the RPMs high and your wheel spinning to shed them right. They are nice int he sand, nice on the rocks, and probably an overall nice tire...just keep 'em out of the wet stuff

Super swampers= These tires wer designed, and always have been designed for use in the mud. Hence Then Name SUPER SWAMPER!! Really pay attention to the tread patterns for this brand of tire...as there are too many to count. The IROK is a popular tire around my neck of woods, cause they work well in multiple environments. (Seriously look into superswamper..they've got some GREAT tires)

Dick Cepec= Anybody use these? Cause I haven't a clue. They look like a strict Baja Tire...

anything else= You're on your own bud.

Anywho, when looking for a tire, it's a good idea to look at the trails you'll be riding. Look at the stresses you'll be putting on your tires, what things may damage them, and also, if the vehicle you put them on is going to be your daily driver. You don't want to put a $1000 set of tires on your jeep, only to have them last a year before you buy new ones. Start assessing all tires. Look around, see what people say about them before making you decision. Actually LOOK at the tire itself. Does it have an aggrssive enough tread pattern for your style of wheeling. I know some people who buy Nitto's just cause they look cool. (I'm not dissing Nitto, it's a great tire company) Look online! The internet is the largest source of information concerning tire comparisons, and probably the least biased. (Tire companies will Always stack their tire up against another... and say theirs is better...but not in the area your looking for) PERSONALLY, I stick to A/T's. I'm a light wheeler, who likes to take my jeep and get it dirty sometimes. I currently don't have the cash to get some crazy tires (Or the wheels they'll fit on!!)I currently run a Liberator A/T, not great mud terrain tire, but they climb alright in the mild areas! (Like the curbs and hills exiting my school's parking lots.) Ask anybody about tires, and you'll get a biased opinion, but asked many people who talk on and on about their tire in depth, and you get some valuable information! Soo....good luck on the tire search.
                WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by GrimJeeper91 View Post
                  Just avoid the 16" load range D or E and you will be happy. Overall 15" wheels and load range C tires are the best off road. The MT/R's also have very tough sidewalls. Rotate them properly and they will last.
                  Chill guys, I'm simply stating a well known FACT relating to MT/R's. An overwelming majority of 15" load range C MT/R's owners are extremely happy with them. This cannot be said for the 16" L/R E MT/R's that came on the Rubicons. A majority of Rubi owners hate them and complain that they wear poorly and are too stiff. Jeep put the 16" L/R E's on the Rubi's because they are better on the street, not offroad. They result in improved handling, an important attribute when you consider that less than 7% Rubi's sold ever see dirt. On a rig as light Jeep a L/R E tire is too stiff. Load range C tires air down better and are a better solution overall. There's also more tire choices for 15" rims and 15" tires are also less expensive.
                  '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

I think you should have opened this thread as a poll! You might have found out what the majority runs easier!

OH and: MTR's here!

Comment

As one of the 7% putting my Rubicon in the dirt every weekend since i got it, I am running the hell out of my 16" MTRs. That said, when they wear out, which looks like will be soon I will be going to 15" because they are cheaper and better selection of tires.

Comment

I'm just saying I'm 100% of the wheeling public I give a rats ass about and I'm very happy with my 16x35s.
                        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                          I'm just saying I'm 100% of the wheeling public I give a rats ass about and I'm very happy with my 16x35s.
                          No doubt, run what makes you happy...
                          '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

On my XJ i ran Hankook MT's lol they were a cheaper mud tire for sure but in the mud they worked very well as for on the pavement i only had them one year and they were about 50% gone already. On my TJ I have Pirelli Scorpian AT's for on road they're great but i would like to get some mudtires.

Comment

Working...
                            X