Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could just put a 4:1 tcase from a rubi in there...if it'll work with the AX-15 tranny (I dunno, might be what they still use :confused I'm still running 4.10s with 33's and my junk still idles up some pretty steep crap, and goes really slow down same steep crap. Unless it's extremely steep, I use 2nd or 3rd gear for downgrades.

I seem to only stall at stop signs.... How do you like the 4.56 with 33's? I'm thinking of regearing for 35's but don't know what gears to go to. It does fine with the 4.10s and 33's (65 @ 2200) and I don't wanna go overboard. I drive too far to decrease my mileage more
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Or just switch to a leaf sprung vehicle, as they seem to have no problem with that gearing/tire combo
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
        Or just switch to a leaf sprung vehicle, as they seem to have no problem with that gearing/tire combo
        Wow, I did not know leaf helped with stalling. I wonder how hard it would be to convert to leafs
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

if you have a JET chip, TAKE IT OUT!
          Those things make jeeps stall MUCH more often that without.
          It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
            blkTJ, just say it... get an Atlas Currently I have 47.3:1 to get that 80-90 I would need the 5:1 Atlas
            numbers don't lie.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Wow, I did not know leaf helped with stalling. I wonder how hard it would be to convert to leafs
              Don't know why it helps.

Just know that through the 30 some odd years that I've owned leaf sprung vehicles (M38, CJ-7's, FJ-40, YJ) neither I or any of the other "coal cart dinosaurs" ever seemed to have a problem with overall gear ratio. No Klunes, Atlas II's, Stak's either. Bear in mind I don't "live" at JV. Had one CJ-7 in there with an auto - damn thing was a terror going downhill in low range - zip for compression braking.

Wasn't until the dedicated rock racers all went to slushboxes that all of a sudden everyone seemed to "need" one. Don't see anywhere near the leaf spring crowd joining in - but then there's not many of us left alive anymore
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                Don't see anywhere near the leaf spring crowd joining in - but then there's not many of us left alive anymore
                Damn, I feel old suddenly.
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

The leaf springs can store rotational energy, coils can not. Strictly speaking the coils could but the 4 link set up prevents it. Leaf springs smooth out the power pulses of the engine and the sudden impact of rocks. Geeks say a high polar moment of intertia, you can say flywheel effect, same diff.
                  "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by clarksinca
                    Damn, I feel old suddenly.
                    Let's not go there...
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                    X