Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering and brake upgrade

i have a lot of things in the works.
    i will be doing a major upgrade to both my steering and brakes.
    with the steering, i will be installing a tommy lee 808 steering box which is ported for a steering ram. i discovered the need for the ram on my last JV run. the jeep was forced over into some rocks which angled the shackles far enough that i had NO steering to the right whatsoever. the ram will create a direct attatchment connecting the steering to the axle positively. it will turn the wheels despite whatever the suspension is doing.

the lee box and ram will be geting fluid from a how pump putting out 1500 psi and 5 gpm. this thing will flow some oil! this will be routed through an 18" aluminum finned cooler to keep the oil cool. the fluid will be stored in a howe reservoir which has baffles to keep the oil from foaming and becoming an issue for the hydroboost braking system.

the hydroboost is a vanco tuned hydroboost braking system. it will be pushing fluid to the cobra brake calipers. the calipers will be adapted to the wj knuckles, which will allow me to have seperate tie rod and drag link. this is boiling down to one hell of a modification. it will steer like a beast and stop like a race car.

pics of the parts are to come.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

fancy bitch
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
      fancy bitch
      yes indeed. pinkies out!

[SIZED]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jeep%20modification%20pages/STEERING%20UPGRADE/tn_IMG_8200.JPG[/SIZED][SIZED]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jeep%20modification%20pages/STEERING%20UPGRADE/tn_IMG_8201.JPG[/SIZED]
      [SIZED]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jeep%20modification%20pages/STEERING%20UPGRADE/tn_IMG_8202.JPG[/SIZED][SIZED]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jeep%20modification%20pages/STEERING%20UPGRADE/tn_IMG_8204.JPG[/SIZED]
      [SIZED]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jeep%20modification%20pages/STEERING%20UPGRADE/tn_IMG_8203.JPG[/SIZED]
      ERIK

Comment

Big time!!!!

Nicest coal cart on the trail :beer:

Joel

Comment

You're definately going big time there. Just with a dual diaphragm booster and the WJ stuf it'll put you through the windshield if you have lock them up on the freeway.
          I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Erik, what's the steering box portion setting you back? I may need to go the Vanco route to feed my big pig Ford/Chevy calipers.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Yea I get most of the stuff but "whats a shackle" :-}

Comment

the box itself is 4 bills, but for one used without the ram is 5 bills.

a shackle is one of those things that seperates the men from the boys.... kinda' like a manual transmission

i'm sure the brakes will work out nicely.. well, i hope so. i just figured while i'm doing this, i may as well do it all at once. rather than patching things into it down the road.
                ERIK

Comment

how can a used non-ported box cost more than a new porterd box???:dunno:
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                    a shackle is one of those things that seperates the men from the boys.... kinda' like a manual transmission
                    HEY!!! you tryin' to call me half a man!?!?!? :geek: :smile:
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Thats gotta' hurt, I felt it and I'm still rolling with the Peugot 5 speed.
                      Erik so does your upgrade still utlize your current tie rod and drag link or do you need a little extra cash

P.S. Yo web site is evolving.
                      Last edited by paulhead; 11-20-05, 10:10 PM.
                      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                        Thats gotta' hurt, I felt it and I'm still rolling with the Peugot 5 speed.
                        Erik so does your upgrade still utlize your current tie rod and drag link or do you need a little extra cash

P.S. Yo web site is evolving.
                        lol i could always use some extra cash.... it will not utilize the same steering parts. it will be all new chrome moly 1-3/8 sleeved stuff.
                        the parts i have now will be too short with the wj knuckles.

as for the web site... i CAN NOT believe some assholes bought my name and used it for that. too funny!
                        i must be getting too famous
                        ERIK

Comment

lol i could always use some extra cash.... it will not utilize the same steering parts. it will be all new chrome moly 1-3/8 sleeved stuff.
                          the parts i have now will be too short with the wj knuckles.
                          If Paulhead does not take your TR & DL I might be interested. I have the same setup you are currantly running. I could use some spares.

Comment

Originally posted by fourbangeryj
                            If Paulhead does not take your TR & DL I might be interested. I have the same setup you are currantly running. I could use some spares.
                            i'll keep that in mind...
                            ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by fourbangeryj
                              Quadruple super dibs.
                              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X