Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the best Steering Box/Pump and Steering Stabilizer for my 89 YJ

I have an 89 Wrangler which I just put a re 4.5" extreme duty lift as well as a 1" MORE body lift and running 35's. The front end is my next step but I want to do the steering as well. I'm looking for the super box and pump out there. Also the steeering stabilizer needs to be replaced. Anyone put a dual in their Jeep? Also, someone told me a stabilizer from a YJ and a TJ are the same but I see them listed differently everywhere. Can anyone clear that up for me? Any suggestions as far as that goes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...eering+upgrade

brian did this.... the search function works pretty well
    howe is also a good one to go with.
    agr is not.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Where can I find out more info on the howe one you were talking about. What does it consist of? Awhen you say agr, are you talking about the rockram? What's wrong with this kit? Anything good about it? Thanks.

Comment

all of the AGR stuff is pretty shotr on quality control.
        http://www.howeperformance.com/rockcrawling.html
        http://www.howeperformance.com/
        ERIK

Comment

Does Howe make a box/pump specifically for YJ's? What kind of steering are you running?

Comment

The AGR is all garbabge? What about as far as the box/pump?

Comment

i have the AGR stuff, that is how i know first hand that their parts lack quality control.
              steering to the right is softer than the left, and the pump is noisey as hell.

howe makes good stuff, but it is a bit more expensive. brian [blktj] should be in on this conversation as he has the howe box.:yay:
              ERIK

Comment

I was just checking out the Howe stuff. How exactly do they work? Are they new boxes and pumps? Did blktj do the box/pump/ram? How does he like it? Any problems? What Ram did he use? I am also thinking about running a M.O.R.E. shackle reversal system to help the bump/steer. I am running a RE 4.5" extreme duty lift with a 1" M.O.R.E. body lift kit right now but I am thinking about a Spring over Axle conversion. Any opinions? Thanks.

Comment

I actually have all PSC components... pump, box and resevoir. The stuff seems to work well.

the box is ported for hydro assist but it is not in use at the moment.

Howe is good stuff.

Lee mfg in sun valley makes good boxes as well.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I have Erik's stock YJ steering stabilizer on my TJ, which has an XJ front axle.
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I haven't had any problems with my AGR stuff, but I have the P pump.
                      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

The 1st thing you should do, is find a steering gear rebuilder around your area. These guys will usually be able to build you exactly what you want for less than many other units.

If that fails, try west texas off-road. They make good, affordable boxes, pumps and other steering componants.

Comment

Working...
                        X