Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much new for this update. Put the wheels on to push it out of the shop and back in and the 3rd members arrived. The Jeep is sitting about 5" from full bump.

Comment

• what's the ride height going to be like? Looks like it's going to have a whole lot of up travel, nice
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• So badass! :devil:
        "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
          what's the ride height going to be like? Looks like it's going to have a whole lot of up travel, nice
          The ride height from the ground to the skid plate should be about 19 1/4". 29" in the rear and about 17 or 18" in the front (overall).

Comment

• Looking nice. Why did you choose the Baja T/As over Krawlers?
            Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
              Looking nice. Why did you choose the Baja T/As over Krawlers?

To go fast in the desert!!!

Comment

• A few update pictures from today. Working on the front bumper, winch mount, seat mounts and steering wheel mount. Going to order some Twisted Stitch Pro seats on Monday.

Comment

• If this is somewhat of a daily driver (I think you mentioned that a few pages back?) you may want to consider the Apex seats instead of the Pro seats. They have have a lower side bolster and would be easier to get in and out of every day. I have the Apex seats in both of my jeeps, they work great for daily drivers but still hold you in decently. That looks like what you have in there right now?
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                    If this is somewhat of a daily driver (I think you mentioned that a few pages back?) you may want to consider the Apex seats instead of the Pro seats. They have have a lower side bolster and would be easier to get in and out of every day. I have the Apex seats in both of my jeeps, they work great for daily drivers but still hold you in decently. That looks like what you have in there right now?

No can do on the Apexs!!! I need harness slots in the seat. The cage is going to have door bars and we have to climb into it. So the high bolsters are not going to matter.

This is what the door section will be like.

Comment

• cant... stop.... drooling!!! :drool:
                      God forgives, rocks don't
                      -sons of thunder

Comment

• wow, that's going to be a beast to get in and out of! haha! You're right, the side bolsters won't matter My Apex seats do have slots for all the harness locations though, I guess I just ordered mine that way.

Comment

• Oh!!!!! Did I mention that the motor is getting built (stroker)! Head work, bigger valves, crank, rods, pistons, cam, springs etc....!!! About 550hp.

Comment

• Jan 16th. Starting to tear down for the final welding. Shifter, cutting brake, transfer case shifter mounting. Seat mounts. Finishing up the axles.Should get painted next weekend. Motor goes in for a 383 stroker build. ETC.......

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X