Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to buy some Goodyear MT/R's (35's)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy some Goodyear MT/R's (35's)

Looking to get some mtr's but looking for the best price of course. Discount tire doesnt show them on their page and tirerack has em but I dont have experience w/them and they are back ordered. good price though.
    You guys have any good places to get em?
    Last edited by brokenujoint; 02-15-12, 08:01 PM.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Sizes have been difficult to get lately, but I will check for you tomorrow as I just spent several days with jeeping with Goodyear folks. I might be able to help you find some tires............but will not know until tomorrow. PM if you are interested.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...vlar+113q.html Not to bad for Goodyears.
      Heres bfg km2's http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...+113q+rwl.html which is a little more.
      Now heres what you do take these prices to americas tire and have them price match. Usually they will do it but charge $20 per tire mount and balance fee instead of $15. If the say you have to pay shipping to just tell them the wherhouse is in cerritos and you can pick them up no charge. If your lucky they will have some sort of special on that brand or get $75 off when you apply for a AT credit card. I actually price matched and got additional $100 off. In the end I think I paid less than they did for the tires lol.

Comment

get the online tires price and then take it to 4 wheel parts. They will honor it and have hands down the best warranty there is.
        Check out .

Comment

The potential problem is what will the dealer you buy the MT/Rs from do to take care of you when you have offroad damage. There are dealers who will sell you an "All Hazards" type warranty and then tell you they don't cover offroad damage because they consider that to be "abuse". I had that problem with Express Tire with a previous set of MT/Rs after I punctured a sidewall on Sledgehammer. They refused to honor the warranty until I went up the line until I reached the owner... after a week of fighting with them. If I had taken the decision by the first three levels of Express Tire management, I would have been out the cost of that tire... I wouldn't wish the kind of fight I had with them to get them to honor their "All Hazards" warranty on anyone.

I'd buy them only from Discount Tire who is well known to take great care of us offroaders and who doesn't give any problems when warrantying a tire we damaged while offroading. Not to mention they will beat other dealers prices without any problem.
          Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 02-16-12, 07:48 AM.
          The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Discount tire and Americas tire are the same company. They have excellent service and I have been using them for about 20+ years. There prices are ok but I always seem to find better deals out there on the www. Good thing most AT shops price match.
            Last edited by Jeeperator; 02-16-12, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Ditto on America's tire. There warranty can't be beat(Sorry dirtman, 4WP copied there's). Plus lots of locations. I've had tires replaced during trips, in Vegas and Barstow.
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I know several people that have been told by American Tire that they would no longer honor the warranty after the 3rd time. When I was running ProComps I had to exchange 5 tires. No question asked.
                Last edited by dirtman13; 02-17-12, 07:02 AM.
                Check out .

Comment

Ok so I've decided to go with an online source and drive out to get them. I work for Delta so I can fly there and drive em back with a buddy who lives out there.
                  Slightly off topic but relates to the tires is rims. I'm getting some Champion C3 beadlocks along with these tires. My question is, if I'm able to have Discount tire price match them locally, will they honor my warranty with new tires if I dont have them mounted? I highly doubt they would mount rims onto non-DOT beadlocks and/or even know how to do it properly. If they dont honor the tire warranty w/beadlocks then I'll just have them mount the new tires onto my old steelie rims and then pull em off and throw em on my beadlocks. Also do they give road hazard warranty if I just buy the tire outright and dont have them mounted?

Comment

I have had Americas tire apply warranty to the tires unmounted. Mounted them to the beadlocks myself and had them balanced after mounting at Americas tire.
                    They have honored the warranty a couple of times, but have since become pretty difficult to work with on tires that show any signs of having been off road.
                    Good luck-
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                      I have had Americas tire apply warranty to the tires unmounted. Mounted them to the beadlocks myself and had them balanced after mounting at Americas tire.
                      They have honored the warranty a couple of times, but have since become pretty difficult to work with on tires that show any signs of having been off road.
                      Good luck-
                      Correction. I know 4 people.
                      Check out .

Comment

Ditto for Americas Tire.......
                        It's the only tire store I buy from now.
                        LG
                        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Just got back from America's tire. San Diego doesnt even stock them . ANYWHERE. Closest is Fontana and they are backordered for who knows how long. They would price match me at 1080.00 out the door for 5 of them IF they were in stock.. They're not so to bad so sad for me. I wont be going with onlinetire.com because I've read a good 15 negative reviews from several sites. I'll be paying 1110.00 delivered for 5 tires from another source which I'll disclose once I order them only because they are limited. These tires seem to be golden and insanely hard to find.

Comment

Ive never done business with onlinetires.com I just use them for price matching. Can you tell me where you found the bad review info? Americas tire website says the goodyears should be available by 2/21/12 which is Tuesday. They have a great promotion right now if you buy tires today and tomorrow they will pay the tax which s an additional ~$80 off. Not sure they let you buy them when they are not in stock though. Saw a set of barely used bfg krawlers on wheels for ~$1100 couple weeks ago. Those are ~$400 apeice new right now. edit sorry fixed now
                            Last edited by Jeeperator; 02-17-12, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Working...
                              X