Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to buy some Goodyear MT/R's (35's)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just got off the phone with onlinetires.com and the tires are backordered. the guy has no idea when they are coming in and I mentioned the today and tomorrow purchase= no tax.. Not true. At least thats what this guy said. I'll try again next wk I suppose.
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

The no tax was americas tire promotion and their website says the tires expected 2/21/12 sorry if I was not clear.
      Last edited by Jeeperator; 02-17-12, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Any advantages over a 17 inch tire/rim over a 15 other than trend?

Comment

Www.treaddepot.com

All u need". Bought my 37" gy mtf w kevlars from them... No ca tax but shipping....

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
            Any advantages over a 17 inch tire/rim over a 15 other than trend?
            Bigger tire choice. You can't get some of the bigger tires in a 15. Also, if you ever want to do a big brake kit. They may not fit inside a 15. Oh, and 17's look cooler.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
              Bigger tire choice. You can't get some of the bigger tires in a 15. Also, if you ever want to do a big brake kit. They may not fit inside a 15. Oh, and 17's look cooler.
              Plz... my 15 look better. Keep telling yourself that. :p

Comment

Originally posted by minisaba View Post
                Plz... my 15 look better. Keep telling yourself that. :p
                I'd have to agree. While I'm new to this, and those with more knowledge correct me if I'm wrong; I believe the 15s used to offer more sidewall flex while not giving up sidewall strength, basically just due to the larger surface area. That being said, I've read a lot of great reviews of the newer MTRs having great 'bulge' to them even on 17s.

On another note, I bought my 31s from Big O and the $10 sidewall protection. I asked specifically about off road use, the replied no problem. When I punctured the sidewall out in AB for NYE a couple years ago Big O replaced the tire with no questions asked, except that I pay for mounting and balancing. My .02
                USMC F&AM

Comment

Even if DT doesn't show them online, talk to the manager at your local store. I did this on my last set and he price matched the lowest online price and had them delivered to his store.

The problem is getting them right now, GY is behind in production and most places are sold out. I am getting a set of 37s through Tire Rack b/c they are the only one showing they will get them in stock anytime soon. So, that may dictate where you buy them from.

Whatever you do, sign up for a Tread Lightly membership. It costs $25 and then you are eligible for a $100 rebate, a no brainer really.
                  >>> Tread Lightly Rebate Info <<<
                  Last edited by Lawrence; 02-24-12, 01:25 PM.
                  [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                    Even if DT doesn't show them online, talk to the manager at your local store. I did this on my last set and he price matched the lowest online price and had them delivered to his store.

The problem is getting them right now, GY is behind in production and most places are sold out. I am getting a set of 37s through Tire Rack b/c they are the only one showing they will get them in stock anytime soon. So, that may dictate where you buy them from.

Whatever you do, sign up for a Tread Lightly membership. It costs $25 and then you are eligible for a $100 rebate, a no brainer really.
                    >>> Tread Lightly Rebate Info <<<

Great link Lawrence-
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

a GREAT coupon! Thanks ALOT. I just cant source these freaking things. Thinking about just going with BFG KM2's.. Im getting tired of trying to find these tires and keeping them under 230 each.. I'll wait one more month then I'm just gonna have to go with another option. Sorry GoodYear.....More like sorry ME..

Comment

That coupon is great, I used the 2011 rebate in December for Duratracs for the TJ, and I will use their 2012 rebate for the MTRs on the LJ.

Not sure if you plan on running 15" or 17" wheels, but note that there is a big price difference. The 35x12.5x17 are ~$100 more than the ones for 15" wheels. If you're looking for 35s for 15" wheels they should be available sometime mid-March, and 35s for 17s will be available late March (production starting March 5th according to GY).

Tire Rack has the 35x12.5x15 for $206 each http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....MTRK&tab=Sizes
                        If you're interested in ordering, call Wes @ extension 648. I just placed an order for 37s with him and he knows what's up with GY and he can give you more info.
                        Last edited by Lawrence; 02-25-12, 08:26 PM.
                        [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

I'll be doing 15's.. I'll hit him up towards the end of March. I need to go to Atlanta for 3 wks for work and don't have anyone home to get the UPS man if I ordered now. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Nothing wrong with bfg km2's just as good or better than mtr's imo.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                              I'll be doing 15's.. I'll hit him up towards the end of March. I need to go to Atlanta for 3 wks for work and don't have anyone home to get the UPS man if I ordered now. Thanks for the info.
                              Hopefully they don't run out, lots of folks waiting for MTRs to be back in stock. You could see if they can delay shipping or just have them shipped to your install place and have them hold them for a week. Lot of different options out there, and TR doesn't charge your card until the tires actually ship.

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                              Nothing wrong with bfg km2's just as good or better than mtr's imo.
                              Let's see... A little more money, actual size is smaller than advertised size, and on backorder. Other than that, they're great!

All jokes aside, I am sure the KM2s are great tires but the MTRs have really impressed me. I have never had a real preference in tires until we bought the LJ with MTRs, they perform very well offroad and are very good on road. On a side note, the Duratracs are pretty good too for a rig that sees more street use. I just wish I had made the switch to GY sooner.
                              Last edited by Lawrence; 02-26-12, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I paid $168 apeice for my km2's back in the day when mtr's were over $210. I believe the price went up because they are so popular. .

Comment

Working...
                                X