Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InlandZJ View Post
    My new Kevlar's are really quiet on road. No roaring sound
    Wow, then why the heck are mine so noisy? I don't mean noisy like compared to a street tire, I mean NOISY as in 2X as loud as my last set of non-kevlar MT/Rs.
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
      Wow, then why the heck are mine so noisy? I don't mean noisy like compared to a street tire, I mean NOISY as in 2X as loud as my last set of non-kevlar MT/Rs.
      lol! I was cruzin down the 91 tonight with the radio down and barely heard anything. My old BFG M/T'S were hogs down the fwy. I was blown away at how melow they were. Maybe the Zj has more insulation to drown out the noise.

Comment

Mine are very quite.

I have 33's with the damn white lettering on them. I got used to them though.

35's and up are solid black lettering, makes you wonder why a popular size like 33's comes with white lettering? Hell anysize!

Comment

Originally posted by InlandZJ View Post
          lol! I was cruzin down the 91 tonight with the radio down and barely heard anything. My old BFG M/T'S were hogs down the fwy. I was blown away at how melow they were. Maybe the Zj has more insulation to drown out the noise.
          I have to agree. I have had several different MTs including the the previous style MTRs and the new ones are significantly quieter on the road than anything that I have had before.

Moreover, they performed beautifully in the mud and snow on Cleghorn today. I have been pretty sceptical of the new kevlar tires until recently, but they are really starting to grow on me.

It seems to take several months of low air wheeling before they break in to the level that I expect an MT tire to perform, but mine seem to be finally reaching a point that makes me happy.

Hopefully, they will stay that way for the rest of their working life. The proof is in the pudding, as they say...
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Mine are still at virgin status. They have not seen mud,sand,snow or even water yet I'm enjoying the newness right now. I'm looking for some one to fab up some long arms and nobody is willing to take on the challenge lol.. all the fab guys must be booked.

Comment

Jerry, I'm not sure why yours are so loud. My Coopers were more than twice as loud as the Wranglers. I don't even have to wear ear plugs with the top off anymore!

Comment

Jerry I think it's a problem with getting older. My MTR's Get louder every year. I think the kelvar's are quieter. But with my hearing I just can't tell any more.LOL
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                  Jerry I think it's a problem with getting older. My MTR's Get louder every year. I think the kelvar's are quieter. But with my hearing I just can't tell any more.LOL
                  [COLOR="Blue"]My old style MTR's are pretty loud on the highway. Glad to hear the Kevlars are quieter.[/COLOR]

Comment

My experience with the Kevlars is they are a tad bit quieter than the old style MT/R's.. and they hook up better on wet roads than the old style too.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]My MTR's came in the mail today, for some reason I thought the white letters were solid instead of the outlined. So they don't look too bad....yet.

Most importantly the sidewalls are real thick and stout.[/COLOR]

Comment

tires

hey mike .you didnt have to order those with white letters you know .

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                          [COLOR="Blue"]My MTR's came in the mail today, for some reason I thought the white letters were solid instead of the outlined. So they don't look too bad....yet.

Most importantly the sidewalls are real thick and stout.[/COLOR]

What size did you get? Mine had the letters fully white. Looks real nice

Comment

Originally posted by xthread View Post
                            hey mike .you didnt have to order those with white letters you know .
                            [COLOR="Blue"]Now you tell me.. LOL. They are 265-75-16. I checked with a goodyear tire shop and they said they only came in white, so I'm not sure.[/COLOR]

Comment

Any New MT/R comes with white lettering if size 33" or equivalent of that size and smaller. So 35's have black lettering.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Well I was able to drive around on the new MTR's today and they didn't meet my expectations for highway quietness. I was expecting at least a little road noise, but hardly any noise at all. These are quieter and smoother riding than most AT tires I have run.

It feels like I'm driving a SUV.[/COLOR]
                                Last edited by mkjeepers; 01-14-11, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X