Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar

[COLOR="Blue"]Has anyone or can the Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar directional tires be run in the opposite direction. I'm getting the 265/75/16 tires, but they only come in raised white letters. I would prefer to put the white letters to the inside.[/COLOR]

There not directional. But they have an outside and an inside. Take a sander an sand the white off. HEHE.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
      There not directional. But they have an outside and an inside. Take a sander an sand the white off. HEHE.
      [COLOR="Blue"]Maybe if I run the Bullfrog a couple of times the letters will go away.

I've heard they can be mounted either way, but not for sure.[/COLOR]

Comment

It says right on the tire, mount to the out side.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
          It says right on the tire, mount to the out side.
          [COLOR="Blue"]I guess white letters it is.[/COLOR]

Comment

You sand enough white the black goes away and you end up with retro whitewalls. The only permanent solution is buy 35's without the white lettering

Comment

Paint them black no one will even notice.satin black might work good.
              Last edited by Jeeperator; 01-07-11, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Mike, I agree with the 35 question. I plan to put the 35 inch MTRs on my JK within the month. I will see how the rubbing issues arise. I have the Daystar 1 3/4 inch lift and I have Spidertrax spacers to use the factory rims for now.
                Rich

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I have a 3 1/2" lift, but for highway driving the gearing and motor barely push the vehicle with the 32's. At the moment I don't have the cash to do a gear change.

Maybe later I can do all the nessasary things to go w/ 35's. I have the automatic trans.[/COLOR]

Comment

Mike,

Mount the tires either side out. The reason the tire says to mount the white letter side out is so that it runs quieter on pavement. The portion of the tread that is designed for quiet highway operation is on the inside when you mount the tire with the white letters out.

Russ
                    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                    KI6MLU

Comment

Retro

Ah heck, run the white lettering out -- its coming back, ya know!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                        Mike,

Mount the tires either side out. The reason the tire says to mount the white letter side out is so that it runs quieter on pavement. The portion of the tread that is designed for quiet highway operation is on the inside when you mount the tire with the white letters out.

Russ
                        [COLOR="Blue"]I think I saw an article in a 4x magazine a while back that said something along those lines. The picture showed the highway line on the outside. Then again maybe the fad will change to white letters again.[/COLOR]

Comment

I just bought the 33's Good year MT kevlar's. The sales man showed the letters on the out side except on 35" and up in the computer. The tire does state to mount with white letters out. I was torn from KM2's and Kevlar. when I seen the BFG next to the Goodyear, like some one said be done with it. I'm very happy with them. Big change from my allterrain to MT's.

Sales man did say he can mount them either way i wanted but i went with what the company stated. Its not that bad really.
                          They should pay us for advertisement.

Comment

Originally posted by InlandZJ View Post
                            I just bought the 33's Good year MT kevlar's. The sales man showed the letters on the out side except on 35" and up in the computer. The tire does state to mount with white letters out. I was torn from KM2's and Kevlar. when I seen the BFG next to the Goodyear, like some one said be done with it. I'm very happy with them. Big change from my allterrain to MT's.

Sales man did say he can mount them either way i wanted but i went with what the company stated. Its not that bad really.
                            They should pay us for advertisement.
                            [COLOR="Blue"]Maybe I should ask for a discount for advertising.

I went with the MTR's mainly because of the strong sidewalls. I would have gone with the KM2's but they were much smaller than the other 265's. They looked more like a 31" tire.[/COLOR]

Comment

It takes some getting use to with white side out. Being different is a good thing. Maybe every one will "Rock" the white letters.:shades:

Comment

Working...
                              X