• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H8PVMT
    What are your thoughts on these?

Track Bar

Lower arms
    RE does indeed make some nice stuff. If I were you, I'd get the Super Flex, not the super ride you listed. You'll be happy you did. As for their track bars, I dont really have any experience with them. I DID, keyword "did", have on on my Jeep when I bought it, but soon replaced it because it was all rusted out(Jeep came from back east). I've heard of a lot of guys running the RE TB with no problems.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Sweet! I will Look at the super flex, wasn't sure how much more it was but I will check. Trying to keep the visa from catching on fire. I will order tommorrow and be sure to ask them for my MJR discount. Thanks for all the help, not just from you Dukes, but everyone else. I am sure now I can get rid of this problem, and eventually meet up on the trails with everyone.
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

how did it go with the alignment?
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Haven't done it yet. Didn't want to waste the money on the alignment when I am going to just rip it apart to put the track bar and lower control arms on, and get it aligned. So I parked it till I get my new parts. I don't need anymore near death expieriences this week.
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
          [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
            Haven't done it yet. Didn't want to waste the money on the alignment when I am going to just rip it apart to put the track bar and lower control arms on, and get it aligned. So I parked it till I get my new parts. I don't need anymore near death expieriences this week.
            Smart move
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

After reading thru some of these, I fixed the DEATH wobble on my 1990 XJ. New tires and an alingment.

The previous owner put a track bar, ball joint, bushing ETC and left the POS wornout cheepo tires on it.

Ron
              90 XJ & 80 CJ
              1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Allright!! Another win! Congrats, prolly is alot more comfortable to ride in now too.
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

i was riding on a 2 lane highway up north(on my merry way to Eureka) and my aunt and I experienced some death wobble in big diesel crew cab long bed dodge pickup....quite scary....
                  B R E T T
                  87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I have DW bad!!!!!!! Scared the heck out of me. Happened at 80 MPH on the freeway. Luckily there was no traffic around me.

So, I have an 04 Rubicon with the RE 3.5" standard kift. It only came with springs, shocks, trackbar re-location kit and sway bar QD's. If I replace the entire steering system and get new control arms and front trackbar, will this crap go away? I want this fixed NOW so I am willing to throw money at it.

Please let me know. I can't drive it much longer like this.

Thanx.......

Jason
                    The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Before spending any money, make sure everything is tight (control arms, track bar, TRE's, etc.). Then get out the tape measure and check your toe-in. Shoot for 1/8" or so. All that stuff is free, so IMO it is the best place to start.
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                        Before spending any money, make sure everything is tight (control arms, track bar, TRE's, etc.). Then get out the tape measure and check your toe-in. Shoot for 1/8" or so. All that stuff is free, so IMO it is the best place to start.
                        I have checked all that except the tow in. I will check that later and see. I know for a fact that I need a new steering system already. The tie rod is worn out already because of the angle changing when I installed the lift.

Jason
                        The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Yay! I just started getting DW too! I feel like part of an elite club now. Not sure why, but all of a sudden it's bouncing and jerking like crazy. That's some scary chit! I about wet myself when it happens. It first happened after getting a tire replaced at 4wheelparts, I had all the others balanced at the same time. So, my first step to fixing it is finding a place that actually knows how to balance the tires and have that taken care of. Then I'll re-read this thread and prolly get a new track bar or something else expensive.
                          I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                          1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
                            Yay! I just started getting DW too! I feel like part of an elite club now. Not sure why, but all of a sudden it's bouncing and jerking like crazy. That's some scary chit! I about wet myself when it happens. It first happened after getting a tire replaced at 4wheelparts, I had all the others balanced at the same time. So, my first step to fixing it is finding a place that actually knows how to balance the tires and have that taken care of. Then I'll re-read this thread and prolly get a new track bar or something else expensive.
                            IF YOU TOOK TIRES INTO 4WP IN PERFECT BALANCE, THEY WOULD KNOCK THEM ALL OUT before you left their shop. [oops caps]
                            once again... americas tire
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I know, I know....its a little late now, though. I've already got the warranty and all that garbage.
                              I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                              1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Well, an update on the Sarah Edition wobble...

Sequence of events:

-Installed 1" springs and 1" spacers
                                -Jeep starts wobbling on freeway at 70 mph
                                -Checked that everything was tight, decided tie rod ends were a bit loose and track bar ball joint was effed
                                -Replaced track bar with Tera adjustable and new rod ends
                                -Death wobble went away (well, it was no longer DEATH wobble anyway, just a shimmy at 40-50 mph)
                                -Shimmy turns into occasional death wobble again
                                -Discover track bar axle bushing and frame ball end wasted after 8 months
                                -Dukes replaces axle end bushing last weekend
                                - Jeep still shimmys a bit but at a higher speed (~60 mph) and not very much

Then....I swapped the front axle this weekend and put some Tera lower CAs on and the jeep doesn't wobble anymore. This confirms my suspicion that caster is as much at fault as something loose. I think you might not notice a slightly loose track bar end or something if the caster is ok... Of course, the lower CA bushings on the stock arms weren't in great shape (they weren't falling apart though either).

Of course, I've spoken too soon before, so we'll see how long it lasts We do still need a new front track bar because the frame end is worn out. Hopefully after that all remnants of death wobble will be exorcized from the beast...
                                1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                                My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
                                X