Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's a club I would rather not have joined.
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
      Got my 4" lift on and 33's and guess what? Death wobble like crazy. Tightened front sway bars but it's still there I little. Gonna get it aligned first... then ugh who knows. (Thought I was gonna die!)
      Bad alignment, incorrect caster, worn out suspension parts, out of balance tires all add to the wobble. Good luck tracking it down. Did you get a new front track bar when you lifted?
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

No, I didn't. I didn't realize that when I did the lift I would have to change that as well. Still yet to get it aligned too. Nothing's open here in Ridgecrest till Monday. What would be a good track bar to get?
        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

No, I didn't. I didn't realize that when I did the lift I would have to change that as well. Still yet to get it aligned too. Nothing's open here in Ridgecrest till Monday. What would be a good track bar to get?
          An alignment is still a good idea. I have Currie track bars front and rear and love them! JKS/ORGS is the same thing, as far as I can tell. Very Beefy and strong. How about control arms? What came with the lift?
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I am still going to get the alignment, and kit didn't come with control arm, just new sway bars. So the only thing new on the lift are the sway bars, shocks, and springs.
            [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

I am still going to get the alignment, and kit didn't come with control arm, just new sway bars. So the only thing new on the lift are the sway bars, shocks, and springs.
              With 4 inches of lift, I would imagine that you are at the limit of your down travel. The control arm will contact the spring perch when the wheel moves down. Check it out, you'll know what I'm talking about. This is when a nice set of adjustable control arms will come in handy. You'll also notice, when you get the alignment done, that the caster is off. This, again, is when a nice set of arms will help you out. Lower adjustables will probably be your best bet, for now. Good luck!
              Last edited by JeepGal; 03-27-04, 10:41 PM.
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Would this help me with the death wobble though? The general concensus I have noticed is that the track bar will fix this. I need the thing to be driveable, then I can worry about the flex factor. I use it as my daily driver and I don't want to careen into another car when the wobble ocours.
                [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Would this help me with the death wobble though? The general concensus I have noticed is that the track bar will fix this. I need the thing to be driveable, then I can worry about the flex factor. I use it as my daily driver and I don't want to careen into another car when the wobble ocours.
                  I had some bad death wobble on my XJ, I got a JKS track bar and it fixed it right up. With my TJ, I had a Currie track bar, but still had the wobble. It ended up that my caster was off, which requires adjustable control arms. I have adjustable uppers and fixed lowers . . . I still have a little bit of the wobble, which will be fixed when I can afford adjustable lowers. My point being that it can be a number of different things that can cause the wobble. In my opinion (which isnt worth much to some on this board ), If you can afford it, dont band-aid the problem. Fix it and do it right the first time (i.e. nice control arms and track bars) I wouldnt spend any money on somthing you'll probably just end up replacing again.

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I value your opinion. I am just new to the whole lifting thing and didn't realize what a can of worms I opened when I did it. Both the track bars and control arms are a nice chunk of change, but if that fixes the problem it would be worth it.
                    I would think that with the lift kit there would have been some warning about this. Let this be a lesson to all... there is no such thing as a cheap lift.
                    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Anyone happen to know a good website to get a Jks track bar and control arms?
                      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Anyone happen to know a good website to get a Jks track bar and control arms?
                        Check out our sponsor at: KBoffroad. See what Bill can offer you. Make sure you mention MJR for a discount! I really like RE arms, but JKS arms are just as nice.
                        I got my TJ track bars from Jason at 4x4groupbuy.com, he had a pretty good price on them. My XJ track bar I got from Dirk at dpgoffroad.com which was a good price as well. If you shop around, most places will beat or match competitors pricing. Have fun!
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

What are your thoughts on these?

Track Bar

Lower arms
                          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

re makes some great stuff. dont forget to ask for your mjr discount.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

All this death wobble talk makes me scared to get a lift.
                              Tweezle,
                              87' Wrangler
                              Black Beauty

Comment

Trust me, it can be frustrating but after two days of having mine I still think it's worth it. Night and day difference. Nothing like having complete strangers say "nice jeep" when your driving down the street.
                                [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Working...
                                X