Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Ultimate Air system from the company with the same name. They are in Michigan.
    I got two tanks, regulator and hose for about $300 bucks.
    I now have the high output ARB pump under the hood mounted to where the ABS stuff would go if it was installed. It does pretty good on filling tires too.
    My CO2 tank will fill my 35's from 8 psi to 25 in about 2 minutes.
    It is portable also, so if we have to move it to the broken vehicle to run air tools, we can. Last year, we moved it to the broken vehicle along with the welder to fix a rig. That was nice that we did not have to try and get a rig up to the broken one in the middle of the trail to be fixed. Just took the tools to the broken one.
    I have two 15lb tanks, and go see Marlin in Fresno and get them filled for about $1.00 a pound of CO2.
    Todd
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster View Post
      I now have the high output ARB pump under the hood mounted to where the ABS stuff would go if it was installed. It does pretty good on filling tires too.
      Are you happy with that compressor? That's the one I got for my ARB's but wanted it as a back up to the CO2 tank.
      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
        Are you happy with that compressor? That's the one I got for my ARB's but wanted it as a back up to the CO2 tank.
        I have the hi output ARB compressor mounted under the hood, it was pricey but always works, doesn't overheat, wired with a dash control to run my locker. Couldn't be more satisfied.

Comment

I used to have a MV-50. It worked great for the time I hAd it (5-6 years), I have since upgraded to a York. Best move I've made as far as air supply. I mounted a 2 1/2 gallon tank under my jeep just behind the t-case skid on the drivers side. Made my own manifold with pressure switch and ran the air line out through the front grill. Mounted the air port on the bumper with an external regulator so I can discharge or control the pressure without opening the hood of my Jeep. I decided to fabricate my own bracket for my york (didn't want to buy Kilby's expensive bracket).
          Chris - 97 TJ Sport w/ 4.5" RE Superflex lift kit, - 78 CJ-5 w/ Skyjacker 3" lift kit.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Clay View Post
            I have the hi output ARB compressor mounted under the hood, it was pricey but always works, doesn't overheat, wired with a dash control to run my locker. Couldn't be more satisfied.
            Thanks Clay. Good to know.
            Check out .

Comment

I know this is a old post

Originally posted by JeepinLA Eh View Post
              anyone with experience of two cents to throw in? I want to end the search for a gas station to air up after wheeling!!!! Powertank seems like an easier more portable option but there's the refilling and it isn't much cheaper than a good on board Viair system that would provide endless compressed air source for tires and tools etc... although it's a case of installing and figuring out a good location to mount the tank???

would appreciate input from anyone with experience on either system

thanx
              Viair is a ok system. Id like to see how it stands up to a Endlessonboardair system. I got mind from Endlessonboardair.com. I have the 6 gal hitch tank. it fills up in less then a min. I have tried to out run the system and it just keeps up no matter what. This this is awesome. I found this post looking up systems that are better cant find one. I been running mine for 2 years. was wondering what was new. You got to check them out. Its free shipping and they have everything i even order my car part from them. if a shop dont have it i check with them and they get it to me every time. I needed a alternator for my tracker i had it so fast and it was extremely cheaper then the part stores wanted. I mean it has a good price and a life time warranty.

Comment

Working...
              X