Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
    I think I would put a spacer on the pedal, you don't have to use a block of wood, you could bolt on a piece of square tube :dunno:
    This would be quick and easy and you can put some that non-slip step tape on it.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

let your girlfriend drive it instead of the wife? :hide:

can you just trade seat bases from your yj? unless that means you couldnt reach the clutch.

Congrats on getting her a stick in any case. The Automatic transmission has really ruined the roadways.
      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

:hijack:

they could have done away with texting and cellphone laws, and just make everything a 5-speed! My wife gives me :poop: about my multitasking skills until we get in the car, and then as I work thru the gears, 'specially in town, she sits in awe. She can drive a stick, but she don' want to... Hard to put on the lipstick while shiftin' gears I guess.
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by kodiak spirit View Post

They could have done away with texting and cellphone laws, and just make everything a 5-speed! My wife gives me :poop: About my multitasking skills until we get in the car, and then as i work thru the gears, 'specially in town, she sits in awe. She can drive a stick, but she don' want to... Hard to put on the lipstick while shiftin' gears i guess.
          LMAO Never thought about that,it works.
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

In our TJ I have to move the seat pretty far forward so I can depress the clutch, and then recline the back a bit so there's room for my arms.

On non-technical trails it's not as crucial that I get this just so, so I'll leave the seat back a click and my left knee has a little room. But on really technical trails I'll have the seat up so far that I have to turn my boot sideways to get it between the roll cage and the chair to get out.

Just depends on how much clutching is nessecary.

d
            Diane
            SoCal to SoAz Transplant

Comment

they could have done away with texting and cellphone laws, and just make everything a 5-speed! My wife gives me :poop: about my multitasking skills until we get in the car, and then as I work thru the gears, 'specially in town, she sits in awe. She can drive a stick, but she don' want to... Hard to put on the lipstick while shiftin' gears I guess.
              The most challengeing part of learning how to rock-crawl our TJ was working the clutch, brake, throttle and OX Lockers all at once, but I'm going on the record to state that women can master multi-tasking in a Jeep. Oh, and while driving in town I can do any number of peripheral activities while shifting, not to mention lip gloss application. None of that awes me.

Carry on.
              Diane
              SoCal to SoAz Transplant

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
                I did that 1 TIME, replacing the Jeep IS allot cheaper!
                BTDT......
                Respectfully,
                LG
                In "...." you dont divorce. You just loose your turn.

Sounds like overkill, but can you remove the pedal and have a fabricator alter it to your needs?

Comment

Originally posted by dzJeepChic View Post
                  The most challengeing part of learning how to rock-crawl our TJ was working the clutch, brake, throttle and OX Lockers all at once, but I'm going on the record to state that women can master multi-tasking in a Jeep. Oh, and while driving in town I can do any number of peripheral activities while shifting, not to mention lip gloss application. None of that awes me.

Carry on.
                  Yeah, I'm sure you do very well. It's something that you want to do. I was talking very specifically about my wife, not women in general. I'm sure she can do it, that's not what I said, She has no interest. Due to the popularity of the Auto trans it seems that there are quite a lot of people out there that just don't want to shift a manual anymore (if ever) please don't make me out to be a :poop: ... :hide:
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure you do very well. It's something that you want to do. I was talking very specifically about my wife, not women in general. I'm sure she can do it, that's not what I said, She has no interest. Due to the popularity of the Auto trans it seems that there are quite a lot of people out there that just don't want to shift a manual anymore (if ever) please don't make me out to be a :poop: ... :hide:
                    Okay, well you failed to mention that, but you're right, I did accuse you of generalizing. I appologize. And you're right, there are a ton of folks who just won't learn to drive a manual because they don't have to.

So tell me, if she has no interest, why do you want her to be able to reach the clutch? Are you thinking maybe it'll spark a new interest in Jeeping? If so, I hope it does, cuz it's a blast to have a Jeeping hobby with your Numero Uno. Sometimes I think that's what's kept me & mine together for so long.

Again, sorry!

d
                    Diane
                    SoCal to SoAz Transplant

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                      In "...." you dont divorce. You just loose your turn.

Sounds like overkill, but can you remove the pedal and have a fabricator alter it to your needs?
                      If you've already found a solution to your short-legged philly's issue, disregard this, but that suggestion about taking the pedal out and modifying it is a good one. Done that one before. But with a little forethought, you can do it in the car. Modify the pedal that is... I'd be happy to help you if you want to try it.
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

just trade her jeeps rich.

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                          just trade her jeeps rich.
                          She don't want my junk!
                          But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Wow that the biggest clutch pedal I have ever seen! No excuse for missing a shift with that huh?
                              An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

You miscounted pedals, 2blk2drs. That's the brake pedal on an automatic. What's spiffier is the gas pedal extension to the right.
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X