Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
    He said it better than me
    Thanks for the clarification. I have always been told that we should flat tow with the front hubs unlocked. Then finding that quote above in the manual sort of threw me off. Maybe the manual also didn't take into account front lockers...
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Originally posted by mybrokenjeep View Post
      Thanks for the clarification. I have always been told that we should flat tow with the front hubs unlocked. Then finding that quote above in the manual sort of threw me off. Maybe the manual also didn't take into account front lockers...
      I'll add to it. I thought that you could only drive 65mph or less in 4x4. Now, is that for the hubs or transfer case? Not sure. So, maybe they feel people will not go faster than 65mph while towing and you while be fine. If you do go faster, then you need to re-check that. Follow?

I agree with the lockers as well. They are only factoring in a stock vehicle.

Comment

When towing, he will not be in four wheel drive.

Scott

Comment

I actually suspect that it might help lube the transfer case on a cj7
          A tj the stock transfer case has an oilpump in it that is driven by the output shaft so the transfer case will lube it self. Now the transmission be it automatic or stock does not that is why you put those in gear or an automatic in park to prevent the internals of the transmission from turning

Comment

Working...
          X