Thanks!
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
      looks good man. you installed this yourself. pretty easy huh??

Thanks Josh . . . appreciated you giving me a hand . . . was pretty bummed when I realized I had to redue everything again to install those floor mounts! All in all the install is fairly easy, especially if you use the tips I provided and only have to do it all once, it wouldn't be bad at all, takes a bit of time though.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Has anyone installed the Frame Tie-Ins on a TJ? I noticed that on the driver side there are lines and wires that run on the inside of the frame rail. I'll need to drill a couple of holes and run bolts thru the frame and it looks like they'll be right where the lines are at now. What have you guys done to either route the lines out of the way or to protect the lines from rubbing against the bolts?

Comment

Have Josh weld the mount to the frame and be done with it. Bolts are for people without a welder :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            Have Josh weld the mount to the frame and be done with it. Bolts are for people without a welder :devil:
            Hmmmmm . . . sounds like a pretty good idea. I think I might have run out of credits though . . . Josh has been slacking off and not working on his Jeep much lately so I haven't been over there grinding away like I was a couple of months ago. If I were to weld them on, would I need to do anything to protect the lines on the back side of the frame from the heat while welding on the front side? I'm not sure how much the heat would transfer to other areas like that. Also, I think the Frame Tie-Ins have been powder coated, would I need to grind all that off before welding?

Comment

I actually never helped you with the cage. you can do alot of stuff by yourself. I just sat there and complained the whole time and you did it.

Josh is burned out on working on his junk to be honest with you.

I need to get an energy kick to start it again.
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

The frame is a pretty big heat sink so no it will not be a problem for the lines and such just grind some of the powdercoating of near the area to be welded

Comment

Just barely got time to jump back into the forum and thanks for the props Schmo.
                  Nice write up and I will be running another SPECIAL for the month of October on cages.as I know people are getting ready for the Hammers and TDS for New Years.
                  2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
                    Just barely got time to jump back into the forum and thanks for the props Schmo.
                    Nice write up and I will be running another SPECIAL for the month of October on cages.as I know people are getting ready for the Hammers and TDS for New Years.
                    Put me down for one of the rear spreader bars . . . Thanks again Rick!

Comment

Me to

I need some parts to.

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
                        How about an end of November special for xmas shoppers? thinking more cage would be a great present for my son but can't make it happen for a couple more months.

Comment

Originally posted by JJsKJ View Post
                          How about an end of November special for xmas shoppers? thinking more cage would be a great present for my son but can't make it happen for a couple more months.
                          Is that you Daddy?
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                            Is that you Daddy?
                            :hide:

LOL!

Comment

Decided to winterize the Jeep today and replace the tube doors and bikini top with my full doors and soft top. Had to chop the plastic door surrounds to get them to line up as the T bar was in the way . . . no big deal, the instructions mention to keep the pilars pushed as far forward as possible, but looking at how much I had to chop, there's no way mine would have fit without some massaging regardless of how far forward the pilars were. I know it's probably not the "right" tool for the job, but my 10 dollar HF grinder paid for itself again for the umteenth time! Miss the tube doors and bikini already...feels so cramped inside with the full doors and top, but I'll appreciate it next time I'm up in Big Bear for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X