Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
    Blame me for perpetuating the thread. I will let you guys argue about what temp you want your jeeps to run. I will stick with the factory recommended 210 deg. BUT on the trail with all this extra gear I want to keep my jeep at 210 and not 230. So although I will not use all of Ron’s tricks I am interested in a more efficient fan. Not worth arguing about. I would shut up and wheel but unfortunately I have to work all week. But when I can’t wheel I like to figure out how to make my rig more capable and more reliable. So Ill shut up and wheel when Saturday comes.
    X5 Come on Saturday!

Scott (avjeepfreek), I thought we got a new avitar picture for you from that real trail run last week?

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
      X5 Come on Saturday!

Scott (avjeepfreek), I thought we got a new avitar picture for you from that real trail run last week?
      We did!!...... I gotta figure out how to post it!

Scott
      "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

I figured it out!

Comment

Now thats what I was talking about.... That ain't no stinking fire road! Nice

Mitch

Comment

Lmao

Yep,..... and if I remember correctly, I was running about 210* right there!!

Comment

If I can figure out how to get a picture out of a MP4 video Ive got a nasty one of my passagner rear way too high in the air on Bull Frog Jeep eater. This was one of those learn what not to do days. A little pucker factor for me and for Kurt.

Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                All right kids.....

Too funny. I'll stop posting cause I have to go back to work! LMAO. As far as theory goes: Don't be alarmed by my two photo's. 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.2 V8, HD Cooling and Towing Package, And running like a Jeep!
                210' driving down Main Street in Hesperia this morning. Ain't nothing but a Jeep thing.

Mitch

Just the way it is!
                I'll use a few of your replies and others to make mine "apple to oranges" not same motor Play fair!

As for running like a Jeep. I NEVER said that was or wasn't the case. Only that I had an issue with it, not that the jeep nor the manufacture made a mistake and it's not running right. Again, only that I don't like it to run at that temp. Re-read.

Your guage shows yours at 195* Not 210* as stated It's below the 210* mark. Cancel your 210* membership! It's void Not bad with your a/c on (I see the switch). Glad 210* isn't the norm

I also noticed your low oil guage. Motor is tired (rings, bearings or top end). Looks like it is at 32psi or so. Not sure what normal is. Mine is 58psi. With a new top end. There is always the 32psi club, they have some spots open for membership I hear

I also noticed your speedometer is broke. You were driving down main st, but your guage showed 0mph. Hummm.

Your tow package enables you to tow 6,000 lbs with it and 2,000lbs without it. It does come with a trans cooler. No bigger radiator to keep the engine any cooler
                Last edited by Jeep4cern; 09-28-09, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
                  Bravo! X2
                  STOP POSTING LET'S WHEEL!

Scott
                  x5! Well put Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                    Yep,..... and if I remember correctly, I was running about 210* right there!!
                    Gas on the fire

Feed the 4 mice you have under the hood and maybe they would run cooler

Comment

My 4 mice run just fine! and are feed quite well!

Quit tinker'n with your jeep and lets wheel!

Touche'

Comment

My 4 mice run just fine! and are feed quite well!

Quit tinker'n with your jeep and lets wheel!

Touche'
                        <---I laughed when I said that. Glad you did too. Oh, and just because Arco says you "payless and get more" it isn't true Feed them better.

Comment

I always have "A tiger in the tank" It's Exxon or nothing in my Jeep,..... I don't go for that cheap gas!

Comment

I always have "A tiger in the tank" It's Exxon or nothing in my Jeep,..... I don't go for that cheap gas!
                            Just rattling your cage. Exxon is good it's Mobil now. I think 76 gas is good too. Just my opinion Shell is ranked with Arco IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                              x5! Well put Scott.
                              Hey Ron,
                              X5 was already used.
                              Please go back and read the string and have your fingers ready... you will need both hands!:tongue::bonk::haha:

LOL
                              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                                B. I will stick with the factory recommended 210 deg. BUT on the trail with all this extra gear I want to keep my jeep at 210 and not 230. I would shut up and wheel but unfortunately I have to work all week. But when I can’t wheel I like to figure out how to make my rig more capable and more reliable. So Ill shut up and wheel when Saturday comes.
                                I cant seem to find a BS flag on this site so im just gonna have to call BS! Your jeep runs at 100* and always has scott! maybe you should trade ron guages and we can all just be happy.
                                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X