Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
    cost me 3.75 in hardware and its usually kept out of the environment as well.
    That is my 3rd choice. Wasn't sure if it would fit. Hummm. I will have to measure and see if the cooler will fit.

Comment

Dont use it! Very unsafe! Will: harm your small children, impregnate your teenage daughter, cause an earthquake, cause colon, liver, or respiratory problems. Immediatly wrap it in bubble wrap and duct tape, box up, and pm this user for shipping address. Immediatly go buy a floor jack and carry it with you, taking up most of your storage area. Then and only then will you be safe!

:beer:
      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
        Dont use it! Very unsafe! Will: harm your small children, impregnate your teenage daughter, cause an earthquake, cause colon, liver, or respiratory problems. Immediatly wrap it in bubble wrap and duct tape, box up, and pm this user for shipping address. Immediatly go buy a floor jack and carry it with you, taking up most of your storage area. Then and only then will you be safe!

:beer:
        I bet you crack yourself up huh? :bonk::geek:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
          I bet you crack yourself up huh? :bonk::geek:
          Yeah i think we need a little more levity at times around here.

OT: did you get those tow hooks squared away? i am planning on attending the cleghorn run and could hook you up there if need be.

Back OT: My personal opinion high lift jacks are dangerous. Made in USA or otherwise. Use mucho caution if you have to use one.

If you can get a bottle jack underneath its probably a better bet. But theres times when only the highlift will do. but dont take my word for it ( I dont even own one, on every run most other rigs do though!)

And i have certainly trusted my life to my HF jackstands for more hours than i care to count. Sometimes its just your time to go.
          An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
            Yeah i think we need a little more levity at times around here.

OT: did you get those tow hooks squared away? i am planning on attending the cleghorn run and could hook you up there if need be.

Back OT: My personal opinion high lift jacks are dangerous. Made in USA or otherwise. Use mucho caution if you have to use one.

If you can get a bottle jack underneath its probably a better bet. But theres times when only the highlift will do. but dont take my word for it ( I dont even own one, on every run most other rigs do though!)

And i have certainly trusted my life to my HF jackstands for more hours than i care to count. Sometimes its just your time to go.
            I agree 100%

No I didn't. I am not going on the run though, but, could meet/greet there though and get them? Do you have the front and/or rear?

I agree. We used them when my rear end went out on one of the runs. 4 of us held the jeep from leaning over. I learned really quick.

I agree.

Comment

I know a lot of people do, but why carry it on your hood? It seems it would be a lot more accessible on your spare tire carrier or front bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
                I know a lot of people do, but why carry it on your hood? It seems it would be a lot more accessible on your spare tire carrier or front bumper.
                Like some have said. The front bumper you can hit things. The hood, well it just looks cool to me. But, I am still not sure what to put it.

Comment

I've been carrying one for 2 years and yet to use it. Probably gonna quit bringing it. I'd rather have a little bottle jack for changing tires and plenty of other people have hi lifts on runs.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Clay View Post
                    I've been carrying one for 2 years and yet to use it. Probably gonna quit bringing it. I'd rather have a little bottle jack for changing tires and plenty of other people have hi lifts on runs.
                    I know most people have them. But I just feel weird asking. While most are fine with it, there are some that just aren't.
                    Last edited by Jeep4cern; 08-13-09, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tony m View Post
                      I used to use Spray some Dura-Lube, but still collected some amount of trail dust. Now I put some all purpose grease on all the moving parts and it's been holding up pretty well.

Regardless of what you use, you need to do it periodicly to keep it functioning properly.
                      BTW, I have the 'High Lift', and it did bend.

WD-40 and one of these...

Drew
                      95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                        I agree 100%

No I didn't. I am not going on the run though, but, could meet/greet there though and get them? Do you have the front and/or rear?
                        i just have the one, you could meet us there in the morning, or if there is someone from your neck of the woods coming, i could send it there way if you lemme know tommorow.

Comment

Originally posted by tony m View Post
                          BTW, I have the 'High Lift', and it did bend.
                          Better bend than snap, which is why I wouldn't even want a cast jack.
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

I remember a conversation muck like this, a bunch of years ago, when Rat patrol,myself,jeepvirgin,CJbrian, and a few others went up miller, and did yellowjacket. Someone and I don't know if it was an MJR person or someone that just came along.Said who needs a HI LIFT,unsafe,pos,use a tow strap...bla bla bla.....Mine,never been used got used more times that trip along with a few other lifts. I believe that was the trip that I got a flat crossing piru creek,(need 2 lifts)and we put a coil spring back in a Red XJ in the rain and wind??? 2 or 3 lifts,grinder,power inverter,tarps. Just my .02 sorry for the rant
                            The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator View Post
                              WD-40 and one of these...

Carrying a Hi-Lift in that position would just hang my TJ up on the trail worse than it already gets.
                              The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal4X View Post
                                I have a Hi-Lift and I hate it. Just the past Big Bear trip an FJ got a flat and I pulled off to help him. We used his new Hi-Lift and it would not release to come down, piece of :poop:. We took out a second Hi-Lift to get the first one down and could not get the 2nd one to go down. After messing with the 3rd Hi-Lift, that piece of :poop: got stuck also, :mad:. Ended up having the FJ driving off of it. They were all Hi-Lifts and different ones. The first one was the high end one from Hi-Lift.

I know before I go out again I'll be lubing it up maybe even rebuilding it. I'll probably try to use my bottle jack before a Hi-Lift if POSSIBLE.

I mounted mine on the hood with some brackets and hardware I had laying around. So my hood mount was free.
                                Just like everything else on your Jeep the Hi-lift needs maintenance. I clean an re-grease mine every time I change the oil on the Jeep. Haven't had a problem.
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X