Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a hi lift jack. Question?

Well. I went cheap and bought a hi lift jack "knock off" from harbor freight. It was $34 on sale for a 48". I also bought from Summit Racing the hardware to mount it on the hood. I have seen many with the type of mounting. Can someone show me some pictures if you have done it this way for reference?

Thanks

Last edited by Jeep4cern; 08-12-09, 08:40 PM.

Ooohh Roger.........where are you on this one?
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Go ahead. Do tell

I also found this...

Last edited by Jeep4cern; 08-12-09, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Sometimes you get what you pay for. I won't scrimp on my Jack, my Winch, or my Straps. I know that I will be stuck one day and will need all of them. My .02cents

Mitch

Comment

Maybe I'll compare mine with others. See what the difference is. For now, I got one

I did do a Google search. The ones the have a HF lift say they are just as good to change a tire. The guys the bought the "hi lift" brand say they spent the extra cash and got it. Both parties in all the forums I looked in agree both are dangerous. I know when my rear end went out. How many of us help the Jeep from tipping over? :dunno:
          Last edited by Jeep4cern; 08-12-09, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
            Ooohh Roger.........where are you on this one?
            Ron,

1. I have a Harbor Freight Jack. It is just as safe as the name brand.

2. I built my own hood hinge bracket and posted it. Here's the thread where I discussed it: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...t+hood+bracket

It's my po' boy set up and it works great! Only cost me a few bucks!!!
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Ron,

2. I built my own hood hinge bracket and posted it. Here's the thread where I discussed it: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...t+hood+bracket

Can you post what I need please? Also where to get it at?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                Can you post what I need please? Also where to get it at?

Answered your PM....
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Ha my highlift is from harbor freight works like a charm
                  It's been used when the true highlifts did not work due lack pf some oil on the 2 lift pins. Keep those oiled and both work well
                  The only drawback on the harbor freight one is that the handle does not come of so you cannot use it to beef up a bend stock tierod
                  Other than that it works every bid as good as a true highlift

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                    Sometimes you get what you pay for. I won't scrimp on my Jack, my Winch, or my Straps. I know that I will be stuck one day and will need all of them. My .02cents

Mitch
                    x2. Well said.
                    Check out .

Comment

Well. I went cheap and bought a hi lift jack "knock off" from harbor freight. It was $34 on sale for a 48". I also bought from Summit Racing the hardware to mount it on the hood. I have seen many with the type of mounting. Can someone show me some pictures if you have done it this way for reference?

Thanks

Ron, that's the bumper mount. Not for the hood.
                      Spose you could tweak it though.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
                        Ron, that's the bumper mount. Not for the hood.
                        Spose you could tweak it though.

Scott
                        I am not 100% sure where I am going to mount it. I could put it on the bumper too I guess.

The second picture shows those brackets used on the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Ron,

Roger, looks good.

Scott

Comment

I am not 100% sure where I am going to mount it. I could put it on the bumper too I guess.

The second picture shows those brackets used on the hood.

I wouldn't recommend putting it on the bumper. I had mine on there for a while and you end up banging it on the rocks. Not to mention, it has a tendency to reach out and grap you when you are messing around the Jeep.
                            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                              I wouldn't recommend putting it on the bumper. I had mine on there for a while and you end up banging it on the rocks. Not to mention, it has a tendency to reach out and grap you when you are messing around the Jeep.
                              X2 mine is on my bumper and it's all beat up.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X