Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build a bracket and mount it a bit higher. Mines been on the front of half a dozen rigs.

Ignore the fat ugly guy....
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
      The second picture shows those brackets used on the hood.
      If you don't mind drillin' holes in your hood!
      Better stick with Rogers mount. Easy and uses exiting bolts.
      I may do that too.

You're right Old Fart, Not a bad plan either.
      Scott

Comment

I mounted mine on the top of the front bummper..I don think I,ll hit anything there it,s kinda protected..same brackets you have though...
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Picture is actually from when I built the Dana 44 for the front in '03, but shows the brackets a bit better.

Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Ron,

1. I have a Harbor Freight Jack. It is just as safe as the name brand.

2. I built my own hood hinge bracket and posted it. Here's the thread where I discussed it: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...t+hood+bracket

It's my po' boy set up and it works great! Only cost me a few bucks!!!
            Roger's set-up works well and costs next to nothing. After all, he does have the Most Rockin Jeep on 31s or smaller!
            Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
              I mounted mine on the top of the front bummper..I don think I,ll hit anything there it,s kinda protected..same brackets you have though...
              I like this too. Did you lock yours?

Comment

The main thing that concerns me about the HF jack is the material. HF has a lot of tools that look just like the name brand, but are constructed of inferior material. Case in point: ball joint presses; HF's press is known to bend. I've seen enough bent Chinese ball joint presses for sale on eBay to know that this isn't a rare occurrence. When I bought my press, I spent the money for an OTC, and I'm really glad I did.
                holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Ha my highlift is from harbor freight works like a charm
                  It's been used when the true highlifts did not work due lack pf some oil on the 2 lift pins. Keep those oiled and both work well
                  The only drawback on the harbor freight one is that the handle does not come of so you cannot use it to beef up a bend stock tierod
                  Other than that it works every bid as good as a true highlift
                  I have a Hi-Lift and I hate it. Just the past Big Bear trip an FJ got a flat and I pulled off to help him. We used his new Hi-Lift and it would not release to come down, piece of :poop:. We took out a second Hi-Lift to get the first one down and could not get the 2nd one to go down. After messing with the 3rd Hi-Lift, that piece of :poop: got stuck also, :mad:. Ended up having the FJ driving off of it. They were all Hi-Lifts and different ones. The first one was the high end one from Hi-Lift.

I know before I go out again I'll be lubing it up maybe even rebuilding it. I'll probably try to use my bottle jack before a Hi-Lift if POSSIBLE.

I mounted mine on the hood with some brackets and hardware I had laying around. So my hood mount was free.
                  YJ Stock
                  BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal4X View Post
                    I have a Hi-Lift and I hate it. Just the past Big Bear trip an FJ got a flat and I pulled off to help him. We used his new Hi-Lift and it would not release to come down, piece of :poop:. We took out a second Hi-Lift to get the first one down and could not get the 2nd one to go down. After messing with the 3rd Hi-Lift, that piece of :poop: got stuck also, :mad:. Ended up having the FJ driving off of it. They were all Hi-Lifts and different ones. The first one was the high end one from Hi-Lift.

I know before I go out again I'll be lubing it up maybe even rebuilding it. I'll probably try to use my bottle jack before a Hi-Lift if POSSIBLE.

I mounted mine on the hood with some brackets and hardware I had laying around. So my hood mount was free.
                    Hose it down with WD40
                    Its no fun without family

Comment

I give mine a squirt of WD40 before every run. And I have a rebuild kit in my spare parts box.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I used to use Spray some Dura-Lube, but still collected some amount of trail dust. Now I put some all purpose grease on all the moving parts and it's been holding up pretty well.

Regardless of what you use, you need to do it periodicly to keep it functioning properly.
                        BTW, I have the 'High Lift', and it did bend.

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                          That was the first place I tried to mount mine. But on my stock '05 bumper it blocked my recovery hooks.

Scott

Comment

cost me 3.75 in hardware and its usually kept out of the environment as well.
                            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

To bad you bought that mount I have a hood mount thats made to install with the hood hidges I would of sold you for 20 bucks ,hey Old Fart nice Jeep when we going wheeling looks good but you need a hair cut

Comment

I need to replace my secondary battery (damn gold plated Orbitals!), then I'm ready to see just how much better I like these 5.38's

I'll change the blade in the trimmer
                                Jeff
                                OHV76V
                                KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                                X