Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
    I've been running my own test for four years. I drive in the dustiest conditions possible (ask Mike, he'll tell ya) and my K&N works like a charm. I've not had to clean the TB inside EVER! THe one time I used carb cleaner on it was to clean the outside, and tht's when I ruined the TPS. Those lab tests are worth something though; good bathroom reading. I trust real time, in the field info and I have great success with my K&N. But like i said, it's your money, buy what you want.

This finger wasnt made to clean TBs!:devil:

edit: meaning Kurts finger wasn't ment to clean TB. too be clear.:thumbs_up
    Last edited by OU812; 05-15-09, 05:04 PM.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
      This finger wasnt made to clean TBs!:devil:

LOL :tongue::thumbs_up

Comment

Scott,

I'm thinking that you another issue with that dry powdery dust! There is no way that the dry powder passed through an oiled filter. It would had to have picked up some oil with if was even possible! Something is funny about this.

I just checked mine and the outside is covered in dirt, sand, and dust and the inside at the Throttle Body is still clean.

Mitch

Last edited by Mitch; 05-16-09, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
          Scott,

I'm thinking that you another issue with that dry powdery dust! There is no way that the dry powder passed through an oiled filter. It would had to have picked up some oil with if was even possible! Something is funny about this.
          I guess that ISO certified air filter test was just completely wrong then.

Edit: ISO stands for International Standards Organization and if a test is done under ISO standards as the one I posted was, you can count on it being 100% accurate. There's no room for fudging the results with an ISO standards method of testing.
          Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 05-16-09, 02:06 PM.
          The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

K&n

Mitch

There is not just the dirt in the throttle body but all through the intake tube as well.
            The conections were all tight and I checked for some other way that dirt might have gotten sucked in.
            It had to come through the filter.

Maybe the drop ins are even less effective than the cone type. I really don't know what happened for sure. But the dirt is there. And I thought I was taking good care of my intake. I bought the Jeep new in 'o5 and put the K&N on a few weeks later. It pains me to think of how much dirt my engine has sucked in in 4 years.

Scott

Comment

Time for a Seafoam treatment.:thumbs_up

I don't have any graphs for you but I can tell you it works great.
              Check out .

Comment

Anyone interested in trading my complete K&N kit for their stock air box. My K&N is in OK shape and has a carb number on the tube. It is loud and it get in the way of the serp. belt tensioned. I’m over it, PM me and come get it.

FYI 92 4.0L
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                X