Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Mtr

Anybody hear anything about the new Mtr's? I hear they are taller then the old ones, buy 1". May need a new front axel.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Tony of Gen-Right had the new 40s on his YJ two weekends ago at the Hammers for our club's run. They were a bit taller than his previous 40 MTRs. He said they were about 20 pounds lighter, due to loss of steel in the tire with kevlar. He liked them. They did pick up little rocks more in the tight section of the tire. That was the only negative he had. He is in Moab for EJS and I am sure pictures will be around. People like his candy apple red Jeep.
    Rich

Comment

I like the 20 lb's ligther. How about the new tread design for traction? The little rocks cann't be a big deal.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

I don't know about 1" taller. I heard that a 35" tire is 35 inches, not 34.xx or whatever. Goodyear never goes backwards with their tire designs, so I'm sure this one will out preform the previous design.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

My MTR'S are 33 1/2" tall. So 35" would be great.

Comment

That was the only complaint that I ever had about my MTR's was the weight! My little 4cyl didn't enjoy turning them around town...
            BUT, if I can move to 35's and have the tire weigh about the same as a 33, then they will get my money!
            Money pit!

Comment

I was in Moab last week, seen the new MTR's on Dan Mick's jeep. They look fatter, and softer. Tighter spacing of the lugs so I would think they will work better on the slick rock, I have always liked my MTR's for overall wheeling and drivability.

Comment

How do you guys compare them to the bfg km2's . I found a good deal on some and thinking about getting them.

Comment

With the mtr's lighter, just might make it to 37's with a little front axel work.

Comment

Ok world watch out for Mad Curtis, he will be unstoppable now, that or keep breaking that pretty Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                      How do you guys compare them to the bfg km2's . I found a good deal on some and thinking about getting them.
                      Compare the $$$ and it’s a no brainier. I get my KM2’s installed Monday. I have heard a lot of good things on the KM2’s and read a lot of good reviews. Don’t get me wrong the MTR’s are a great tire and the Kevlar sidewall would be great, especially for me.
                      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                        Compare the $$$ and it’s a no brainier. I get my KM2’s installed Monday. I have heard a lot of good things on the KM2’s and read a lot of good reviews. Don’t get me wrong the MTR’s are a great tire and the Kevlar sidewall would be great, especially for me.
                        I saw the mtr's for 197.00, how much for the km2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                          I saw the mtr's for 197.00, how much for the km2 ?
                          That's a great price. What size is that? I got my 35 12.50x15 for $190.
                          Check out .

Comment

Chuck, x2 on you needing the Kevlar sidewalls I saw ya at Calico...LOL..kidding my bro,,but had to say it..
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

That was for 35 12.50x15 at tirerack.

Comment

Working...
                              X