Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah but for the money you might as well just get the full skid. it would be better in the long run..right? then you will leave your tranny exposed if you do the oil skid only.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

If you have the manual, the tranny is pretty high. I'm not worried about hitting the bellhousing on any rocks... I don't think I could get over a rock with the oil pan that would be tall enough to hit the tranny very hard.

Maybe I'm asking for a big hit to the tranny now?
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
        If you have the manual, the tranny is pretty high. I'm not worried about hitting the bellhousing on any rocks... I don't think I could get over a rock with the oil pan that would be tall enough to hit the tranny very hard.

Maybe I'm asking for a big hit to the tranny now?

That was my thinking too . . . until two of the guys on this forum with manuals put holes in the bellhousing within a week (Tomb Raider being one of them). I was leaning toward the Nth Oil Pan skid, but after reading those posts, the full coverage seemed like the way to go.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

yeah I got a hole in my 03. mine punched a hole thru.

and max I think has an 06. his cracked. but he is a crazy crack wheeler

good insurance.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
            yeah I got a hole in my 03. mine punched a hole thru.

and max I think has an 06. his cracked. but he is a crazy crack wheeler

good insurance.
            Wow, you guys must have lockers... I don't think I could get my heap over something tall enough to touch the tranny, but maybe I'll think again!

As for Max... I was there when the cracks were noticed. Don't know if they were from the Dusey, or from Holcomb, but he did smack it good on Holcomb that day being a crazy crack wheeler .
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
            X