Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
    well Rat,

the bolt holding my pitman arm could have been taken off by my hands. WAY LOOSE
    tighten the hell out of that thing!

also found cracked header, new suspension bushing shot, bump stop about to fall off, all tires at 11psi... wow....

also what do you think about steering box braces? worth the insurance?
    Mike,
    There's this thing called.... Maintenance! Sheesh! I thought I was bad. Well, I'm glad you fingered it out and no damage was done. Art is right; check the splines for damage and replace if they are fubar. As far as the torque setting for the nut, if you have acess to compressed air to at least 90 PSI, a 1/2 inch impact set to max (around 120 pounds) will get you through the first part. Then take the nut to at least 200 pounds with a torque wrench. Mine is torqued to 250 with a 3/4 impact. If you want, you can use REMOVEABLE loctite only. 242 or equivialnt. Do NOT use thread locker; it dries hard and may pull the threads when you need to remove said nut. Make tht nut a routine check before and after each trail ride.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Red loctite is ok just heat it a bit with a torch when removing. Just don't use the green stuff and try to take it apart without heating it up

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        Just don't use the green stuff and try to take it apart without heating it up
        If I can find the picture I'll post it. One of my technicians tried to get a coupling half off of a pump shaft that was locked on with Green (840) loctite. Looks like a mad, metal eating crocodile chewed on the shaft. Totally destroyed.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

all it takes is a torch heat it up to about 400 degrees and the stuff turns to jelly

Comment

I now have a related problem, I have a high steer system, from a TJ on my YJ and the drag link is rubbing on my leaf springs. So I need to flip the ball joints to the top of my steering arms to get my drag link off of my springs. The problem is the ball joints on the right side won't fit. I cant put the one on top on top because it will hit the tire/rim, so are there joints that don't have as much rise as the ball joints? sorry no pics...
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Go for heim joints? Not my favorite solution but seems like it will work

Comment

Working...
              X