Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ACE Hardware has a builders section with tons of tabs and struts and stuff. Good prices. Right by my house.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Try to stay aw2ay from Ballistic fab

Ruffstuff 12.5% discount till Monday night BUILTSTRONG
      Doh! :homer: I forgot about RuffStuff. I got my 14B Yoke guard from them. I'll check them out before Monday foh Sho~!

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
      Don't know of any discounts, but www.aa-mfg.com has good prices on tabs and what-not.

I really like your re-use of the floor pan metal and keeping the interior. Extremely capable, yet retaining the creature comforts. There's almost a "sleeper" cool to it.
      Thanks Ted, I'll check out the link in the morning.

Originally posted by RAT View Post
      My ACE Hardware has a builders section with tons of tabs and struts and stuff. Good prices. Right by my house.
      They probably stock that stuff just for you! But since I am in the area regularly now, I'll swing in and help support your habit.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        Try to stay aw2ay from Ballistic fab
        I disagree with this. They have been great for me.
        Check out .

Comment

• I know you like them, yet I despise them

Comment

• Indecision is a horrible thing, so I missed my window on the RuffStuff promotion. Of course, it didn't help that I have worked 10 to 16 hour days from Friday to today. Damn work! Don't they know that I have a Jeep to build?

So does anyone have any experience with the Enduro Joint? Barnes4x4 and Ballistic sell them, but I don't know much about them as far as use on the trail. Any thoughts?

[/COLOR]

Comment

• Tub is Done!

Finally! What a tedious job replacing the tub turned out to be. I can say with some certainty that if I had saved this for last to do, I would not have tried to keep the original interior look. It would have been way easier to fab a new console.

But regardless, its done now. Here is a view to the new seat mount. This will work with the original seats:

I also started the fitting for the portion of the console that I will reuse. It was not easy to get the shape and I have some gaps, but I will work through that later. I just need to make sure that the mounts were in the right places for now:

After all the bits underneath were welded that needed it, I painted the underneath with flat black engine paint and then re-installed the transmission and Altas. But before everything went back in place, I painted the inside tub:

I have a few more tweaks to get the atlas 4-speed shifter to fit right, but then I am on to other adventures. Hopefully one's that are less time consuming and more fun.

[/COLOR]

Comment

• That came out nice Mike

Comment

• Nice work Mike.
                  Check out .

Comment

• Looks great!
                    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

• Nice job on the transmission tunnel! That's next on my list to do, not really looking forward to it, hah! Any tips you can offer up? I have my floor cut up to fit the transmission pushed way up, but I will be needing a cover for it.
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                        Nice job on the transmission tunnel! That's next on my list to do, not really looking forward to it, hah! Any tips you can offer up? I have my floor cut up to fit the transmission pushed way up, but I will be needing a cover for it.
                        YES!! Unless you loose your mind and try to do something extra creative (like I did), keep as much of the fitted pieces as possible to have straight lines.

Using some changes in plane add strength. I used 16 gauge sheet instead of the 18 and 20 that the original tub is made of. Its little heavier but a lot easier to weld.

Also, get rid of all paint and undercoating around the edges of your existing tub before you put anything in the way. :bonk:

[/COLOR]

Comment

• First pass at geometry

Well after lot's of measurements, head scratching, and text messages, I am ready to throw out the first test of the rear suspension geometry.

What do you folks think of these numbers? 72% Anti-Squat, -2 Roll Understeer, 6 inches of separation at the frame:

The LCA mounts at the frame will have to be below the belly skid a little bit to make this happen and the ride height will have to go up an inch to 24" to the bottom of the frame (23" to the belly skid).

Thoughts?

[/COLOR]

Comment

• 2nd pass at geometry

The first pass had an issue that I wanted to overcome. So here is the latest version. I was able to drop back down to 23" at frame and 22" at the belly skid.

What do you guys think?

[/COLOR]

Comment

• Where do you get the calculator? Do they explain how to use it, and what it all means? I'd like to run the numbers on my current set up. Thanks
                              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                                Where do you get the calculator? Do they explain how to use it, and what it all means? I'd like to run the numbers on my current set up. Thanks
                                [COLOR="#800000"]www.patooyee.com/calculators/4BarLinkV3.0c.xls[/COLOR]
                                Last edited by USMC 0369; 05-11-15, 02:28 PM.
                                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X