Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man that looks sweet! And heavy, haha
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Danks! Yeah it's not really light, and it's gonna get a little heavier, but not much. Welded on some more holes today in fact
      holes = cowbell

Comment

• Gussets upon gussets and holes within holes

Crossmember was getting too heavy, so I added more holes. Guess what, I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ________!

Boxing off the bottom for increased rigidity and durability (i.e., keep the holes from falling out). This fine steel specimen is from Dave's Aerospace Materials, LLC.

Some more holes for increased strength and lightness. The steel is there to hold the holes in place.

Some holes with a TIG weave. Got a few pieces without holes to put back here too. If this thing gets any lighter it's going to blow away. :homer:

Ahh, Feng Shui!

Made some progress on the bottom plate.

Will be cutting some slots in it for the tabs underneath to fit through. Almost finished marking it up for that earlier. Still, it needs something, but I can't quite put my finger on it...
        holes = cowbell

Comment

• David, you are funny, your front crossmember is built to hang a rockwell with 50's from and the rear is a bunch a holes that will die with 37's.
          I like some of that engineering
          . Wouldn't hurt to spend some of that welding and bracing in the rear where it's needed a lot more than the front

Comment

• Good lawd, Art, we've been over this rather exhaustively. I'ma gonna get back to that rear crossmember when I'm damnwellgoodandready, and by the time I'm done with it, there won't be any worries. Until then, we'll have to make do poking fun at my swiss cheese front 3-link. :cactus::cactus:
            holes = cowbell

Comment

• Holy mother of welds and speed holes, batman!

Looking good as usual

(the only prescription is more holes, BTW)
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• [COLOR="#800000"]I was mistaken brother...YOUR Jeep is going to whistle going down the freeway. [/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                  [COLOR="#800000"]I was mistaken brother...YOUR Jeep is going to whistle going down the freeway. [/COLOR]
                  LOL. you funny guy you.
                  Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                    Holy mother of welds and speed holes, batman!

Looking good as usual

(the only prescription is more holes, BTW)
                    Well then, I've got just what the doctor ordered!

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                    [COLOR="#800000"]I was mistaken brother...YOUR Jeep is going to whistle going down the freeway. [/COLOR]
                    Hopefully loudly and out-of-tune. :devil: I want it to make people's skin crawl and hair stand on end.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

• I'm curious. How will you tighten the bolt for the joints with this design.

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                      Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                        I'm curious. How will you tighten the bolt for the joints with this design.

More holes!
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by rat View Post
                          more holes!
                          ding ding ding!
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

• yer gonna have to put that thing in a bathtub fulla paint before you mount it, otherwise ittle rust from the inside out! Looks trick tho!
                            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

• This is where I will get my kick in on the already beaten horse.

Please tell me. That you are welding in the top plate and drilling more holes.:bonk:
                              You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                                yer gonna have to put that thing in a bathtub fulla paint before you mount it, otherwise ittle rust from the inside out! Looks trick tho!
                                You're right! Unfortunately a dip may be the only way to ensure that the bottom/ inside is protected. The bolt holes will be epoxied (JB Weld) so they don't rust between the laminates. If I'd had longer tubing for sleeves, that wouldn't have been necessary, but oh well. And thanks for the compliment!
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X