Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I lost my dome lights so I started looking for a solution. I just snagged this guy on ebay for 99¢ so I figured its worth a shot

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

I like battery powered LED dome lights, you can find some that clip into a base that's screwed to your cage, you just press them and they turn on. In the event that your Jeep's battery dies, at least you still have lights on the inside while you fumble around to find the jumper cables!

You can also clip them off and hang them on a branch with a bungee while you set up your camping gear. Or use it like a flashlight. I have one of those in my TJ, and I love it! I'm going to do the same thing in the CJ.

Only thing is they don't all turn on automatically when you open the door. But that's fine with me, the feel lights in my TJ still turn on automatically.... and the CJ doesn't have doors. haha!
      Last edited by daniel_buck; 01-09-13, 09:08 PM.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

You probably want something spiffier than this, but the extra bright LED strips from your local auto parts store do a bang up job as dome lights. I love the strips that I installed in my jeep. It is like daylight when the doors are open and they are relatively cheap. Just a thought...
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-24-WHITE-L...item416fd17c4c
          Check out .

Comment

Thanks guys for the price its a no brainer not to get some.

Comment

these strips are fun too.... 15 dollars on ebay...

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                [COLOR="#800000"]Dude... that is fricken cool man.

Anyone else thinking "Tron!"[/COLOR]
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                  [COLOR="#800000"]Dude... that is fricken cool man.

Anyone else thinking "Tron!"[/COLOR]
                  I'm thinking something a little different...
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

starting to look like a jeep again

Comment

Finished up putting the jeep back together. Also decided to mount rotopax in the hard top windows

Comment

Got some more work done on the hard top windows. This reminds me how Much I hate sheet metal.

View from the driver seat

Comment

that is really sweet! That is a great use for that space! Now you just need to wrap the entire cage with LED lights and you will be on your way

Comment

Well I was hoping doing this would make me hate the hardtop less..... Well its not working hahaha....

Comment

Great job on the cage...what would you charge to do one on a tj?

Comment

Put some Marine speaker pods in the rear

Comment

Working...
                                X