Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My JK unlimited cage

Well i finally decided to get off my lazy ass and get started on my jeep. After years of being unhappy with the factory cage and the fact i felt it was an accident waiting to happen.

So i got a bunch of 1.75 .120 DOM

The first part and most tedious part is getting all the crap out of the jeep.

Then you can take most of the factory crap out with a 13mm wrench

Here you can see where I'm going to run the tubing through the tub for the frame tie ins. The hole towards the back is the new one

Here is a picture of the shitty B pillar tie in that makes this whole deal a pain in the ass.

and just some random pictures.

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

After spending way to long figuring out where i wanted the rear frame tie ins to be this was the final verdict.

I also got the front brackets cleaned up as well

Comment

Comment

For those of you that need to make multiple notches using a grinder here is an easy way to do it.

you can get a paper templete here and print and trace. http://www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi

If you need to make alot of the same notch. Just trace it on a toilet paper roll and cut out, then slide onto your tube and get to work.

Comment

Dang Scott, you have been a busy boy. Still would have been cheaper to build up the YJ lol
          Looks good bro

Comment

Some very impressive work.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Thanks man, still have a ways to go, hopefully i have enough DOM left I hate to go buy more

Comment

Rock and roll Scott. Looks really good and man, have you been crankin. When I was there a couple days ago there was nothing done. Have fun welding all those joints.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Comment

yeah the joints are no fun especially upside down lol

Comment

Purty!!

Comment

Dang, that looks beefy
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

B pillar frame tie in

Comment

I decided to go straight to the frame with it a pillar as well.

Comment

Nice work Scott. Looks great.
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X