Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent a couple hours today modifying the soft top to make it fit. It no longer folds like the factory one did but im ok with that.

Heres the new rear mount

The factory door surrounds no longer had holes for the bolts to go through and i dont plan on drilling the new cage.

So I cut the surrounds and added a maglite flashlight holder clip.

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Factory freedom tops can still be ran without the rear half of the hard top.

I had to remove two of the quick clamps so i just added a tab and bolt to secure the top

mounted the radio

Comment

Nice triangularization.

Looking good.
        Rich

Comment

ya. what he said. I like it.
          You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

The soft top looks good. Very nice job Scott. I'll be sending your disc back soon. Already have a buggy frame lined out. I likey Miley...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

So Scott, when are we gonna do some real trails with your darling, it needs to see something else then that spray on dirt.

Comment

I need to get the lockers fixed, I think next on my list is a set of full width 60s

Comment

Sterling for the back isn't all bad either, better axle in stock form

Comment

Nice work. Watch those maglite flashlight holder clips in the colder temps they crack often...
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                      Nice work. Watch those maglite flashlight holder clips in the colder temps they crack often...

Thats good to know. I usally dont take the top on and off much and I was going to just scrap the soft top. I figured what the heck ill see if i can booty fab it to work so we will see how she holds up.

Comment

Comment

Looks NIIIIIIICE! Where is the spider that that spun that thang? ANd don't get any over spray on the body work damnit!

What did you wind up doing for the seat belt bungs in the B pillar?
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Well I waited to long to add the second coat and all the paint wrinkled. So I spent about 5 hours today with steel wool going over the whole thing So ill let it sit for a few days and give it a shot again. enamel paint can be a pain in the but lol

Comment

That had to be a bummer. I though it was done. Again get work.
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Yeah nothing worse than sanding the entire cage because you messed up haha. Oh well ill repaint it later in the week and might put it all back together next weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X