Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belly pan

Waddya think, 1/4" thick enough, or should I go with 3/8? It won't be too hard to add some ribs across the back to stiffen it up, but the front won't have much room there.

How about t'case mounts. Since I am pushing the pan up as high as I can, I won't have room to use the OE mount. I know how I am getting around the obvious problem, but what kind of material to use to isolate the drivetrain vibrations from the pan? What won't wear out (soft rubber), be so stiff that it may as well be a steel mount (poly), wont break the bank, and is readily available to the public?
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

the mounts that come with the nth degree skid were nice. small with a low profile, and rubber.
    i'm sure the 1/4" steel will be fine. nothing more than a few scratches in mine especially with the ribs...
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I would say 1/4 with some cross ribs on the backside. 3/8 would be overkill, not to mention HEAVY! check out www.mcmaster.com page 1223, maybe something like that would work. Also seach McMaster Carr, maybe they have something else.

edited by tam/fixed link
      Last edited by JeepGal; 12-03-04, 10:13 PM.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

the currie skid uses an energy poly mount for gmc trucks if i remember correctly. might have to do some fabbing though, maybe not the best choice. I third that 1/4" should be fine.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I used the stock rubber bushing and it seems to be working fine, that way you get low cost and easy(part store vs special order) replacement.
          That's a BIG rock!

Comment

I ended up using the OE mount on mine (see other thread). It cost me about 1/2" of clearance over building a custom mount, but made life much simpler.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
            X