Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
    As we all know i am "no expert" about much except how to lose money for my clients in the stock market

I will say though that I have read an article in JP about 8 months ago regarding the guys buying a black repod YJ for $1000. The previous owner put in a new aluminum radiator but the Jeep ran hot... the JP guys just put in a new fan clutch assembly and the Jeep cooled right down. Long story short you may want to look into the current status of your fan clutch... if it isn't pulling enough air through when you need it I don't care how many rows or what material your radiator is made out of you are going to run hot...

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl...sis/index.html

I am still looking for the article.. but the one above looks good..
    Its new and works perfect, put it in because of the issue and it didn't cure the problem. Lots of threads out there stating the 3row copper brass made the jeeps run hot. After they put in a stock 1 row aluminum it cured the problem.

Comment

Got ya... but I just spent the past hour and a half searching for the article... and I found it... so I am still going to post it

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticl.../photo_09.html

Have you driven it far since the swap??

Comment

Good article, Whats funny is I had the old school thought that a 3 row is better at cooling than a 2 row and got the radiator for partial payment for building my buddies twin 1100 horsepower 572ci blown boat engines. I had a small leak in the copper brass 2 row I had and it would run a bit hot with that radiator also. After doing alot of research on the www I figured out later that wasn't the way to go. Should of stuck with the aluminum 1 row back then even with the plastic tanks. Didn't realize they made an all aluminum one then. Oh well live and learn.
        Last edited by Jeeperator; 05-15-12, 07:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
          Good article, Whats funny is I had the old school thought that a 3 row is better at cooling than a 2 row and got the radiator for partial payment for building my buddies twin 1100 horsepower 572ci blown boat engines. I had a small leak in the copper brass 2 row I had and it would run a bit hot with that radiator also. After doing alot of research on the www I figured out later that wasn't the way to go. Should of stuck with the aluminum 1 row back then even with the plastic tanks. Didn't realize they made an all aluminum one then. Oh well live and learn.
          Thanks for letting us learn from your mistake.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
            Trying to lighten ol blue up a bit I figure since I lost some weight old blue can shed a few pounds too. First thing I did was get rid of that heavy ass tire carrier.It seems to be the thing to do . Tire plugs are alot lighter and I have a york on board air and AAA anyway.
            New Savvy front ,rear bumpers and a Savvy under armor skid plate. Allready have the savvy tank skid. Poison spider fenders are recent also.

Still need to scotch brite the rear and give it that satin finish like the front.

Not lighter but definatly more tuff: Allied Rock crusher wheels with bfg krawlers. I painted centers and bought aluminum polished rings.

What a great design this skid is hope it holds up. I have 19.5 inches of clearance now:

When installing the skid the aftermarket cat was in the way so had to cut exaust off. Never like the exaust after the last time I had it done so cleaned every thing up and now dumps before the axle . Not any louder than before but now it wont hit rear suspension anymore.

New synthetic winch line still need to stretch it out and respool under a load.

New rcv axle have yet too install but real soon.

Thats about it for now need to sell some stuff now. I plan on going up saturday morning not sure about staying the night yet.
            Heres a pic of it climbing my steep driveway all by itself lol
            Damn you have steep driveway.

Comment

Took the Heep to Azusa canyon today on the way up the hill in the morning temps got up to about 195*. About 200* later in the afternoon coming down the mountain. Decided to turn the ac on and give the cooling sytem a workout and highest it got was 210* while pulling a decent grade in 5th gear on the 210 Freeway. Other than that it stayed to he left of the 210 mark. Normally with the copper brass radiator it would definatly be ~20 degrees hotter.

Comment

Working...
              X