Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beau's Jeep

Beau' so lets see some pictures of the new jeep build. Are we getting ready for the Hammers? And are you still going out on the 4th?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Yep hold on Ill go take some.

Comment

Trying to lighten ol blue up a bit I figure since I lost some weight old blue can shed a few pounds too. First thing I did was get rid of that heavy ass tire carrier.It seems to be the thing to do . Tire plugs are alot lighter and I have a york on board air and AAA anyway.
      New Savvy front ,rear bumpers and a Savvy under armor skid plate. Allready have the savvy tank skid. Poison spider fenders are recent also.

Still need to scotch brite the rear and give it that satin finish like the front.

Not lighter but definatly more tuff: Allied Rock crusher wheels with bfg krawlers. I painted centers and bought aluminum polished rings.

What a great design this skid is hope it holds up. I have 19.5 inches of clearance now:

When installing the skid the aftermarket cat was in the way so had to cut exaust off. Never like the exaust after the last time I had it done so cleaned every thing up and now dumps before the axle . Not any louder than before but now it wont hit rear suspension anymore.

New synthetic winch line still need to stretch it out and respool under a load.

New rcv axle have yet too install but real soon.

Thats about it for now need to sell some stuff now. I plan on going up saturday morning not sure about staying the night yet.
      Heres a pic of it climbing my steep driveway all by itself lol
      Last edited by Jeeperator; 01-29-12, 06:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Alright Beau, that is looking sweet. Very nice job :thumbs_up . Lets run acouple of the easy trails saturday and see how it works.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Nice!!
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
            Alright Beau, that is looking sweet. Very nice job :thumbs_up . Lets run acouple of the easy trails saturday and see how it works.
            Sounds good to me! Ill call you friday night so we can figure out a place to meet.

Comment

Nice progress big boy, love how the wheels came out looks really sharp

Comment

Look up Fred he should be there Saturday morning, I will be there in the late afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Nice progress big boy, love how the wheels came out looks really sharp
                  Thanks art! couldn't of done it without you. Thanks for the good deal on the tires and the use of your tire machine.

Comment

Art and Fred do have any idea where you will be camping at? There are going to be a whole lot of people camping out there. Beau Boulderdash, Turkey Claw and lower big johnson are fun trails.

Comment

Just make sure Y'all loose all the stuff you do not want to break like door surounds, windshield, doors and anything else that comes of easy. Fred is heading out some time Friday and I will have to hunt for him or see if he can meet me at the highway

Comment

Wow... that really is a steep driveway!!! I like the look of the Saavy bumpers front and rear. I like the idea of "lighter is better". I am still stuck building more of an overlanding rig so i like to have my spare w Jerry's... until i see everyone else running w out one... lol. Can't we have it all???

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                          Wow... that really is a steep driveway!!! I like the look of the Saavy bumpers front and rear. I like the idea of "lighter is better". I am still stuck building more of an overlanding rig so i like to have my spare w Jerry's... until i see everyone else running w out one... lol. Can't we have it all???
                          When we we were at the hammer did you see anybody in our group with a heavy tire carrier and Jerrys? Nope not one. I filled up in Rancho Cucamonga when I left, drove to Hammers and did 3 trails over a 2 day period and still made it to the gas station 30+ miles away with gas in the tank to spare. Carrying 80+ extra pounds a of gas and ~200# tire and carrier bumper that you rarely ever use is up to you. If I get a flat tire, plugs and onboard york air compressor will atleast get me to the road for AAA to come get me for the free 100 mile ride home. I knocked off about 300#'s going savvy and I am not done yet. I figure in the long run after everything I plan is finished ~400-500# total weight loss is doable. Less weight should help the front dana 30 hp survive that much longer because that most likely is my biggest weak link even though its a polished tirdy. Thinking about pulling the carpet and plastic fender liners out this weekend and doing some sort of bed liner coating on the inside. That along with me on a diet should drop a few extra pounds also lol. I wish somebody made an aluminum high lift jack that thing weighs a fricken ton.
                          Last edited by Jeeperator; 02-17-12, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Yup some Mc Skinny's burgers would help :-)

Comment

Checked out the 6 month old barely used daystar urethane replacment bushings in my heep last week after the hammers trip and noticed the arms pushed to one side in the frame brackets. Pulled the arms and low and behold figure out they made the urethane bushings wrong. The pocket the steel insert hat sits in isnt deep enough causing the insert to push farther into the urethane bushing more than it should. Other than that the new urethane material seem to be holding alot better than the old RE rubber ones. Contacted Daystar to explain whats going on and the tech kinda aknowleged it might of been wrong but didnt admit anything. He goes on to tell me they dont offer that product anymore a I need to contact RE. I told him I bought and paid for these replacement bushings and my issue is with them and not RE. They obviusly made them wrong and I expected them to replace them with ones that are right. He said he will ship me out a set. Just for the heck of it I contacted RE tech and they said since they restuctured the bushing failure problem has been resolved and daystar is now making them for them to their spec with the new more durable urethane compound. I believe he said they have a lifetime warranty too. Kudos to the new RE for stepping to the plate. They sent me a new set that showed in 2 days and they are made right with the pockets deep enough(..100 diference from the daystars) and a few other changes. Still waiting for the daystar bushing to show. I should just ask or a refund.
                              Last edited by Jeeperator; 02-26-12, 09:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X