Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Beau, I followed your lead, and ditched my tire carrier today. Is your CB antenna mount, just a piece of angle iron you had? How are you storing your Hi-Lift now?

I was thinking of using the mounting points you did, but make the bracket hold the Hi-Lift and the antenna, what do you think?
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Just used a peice of aluminum angle for the antenna but need to move it lower because it hits my garage door and its messing up the rubber sleeve on the antenna . Havent figure a good place for the hilift yet but it should fit in the back no problem though. Thought of not taking it anymore because it heavy and I dont bring a spare but we used arts hilift to put rocks under the tire when I got hi centered in the Hammers. Think I should bring when out there from now on lol.

Comment

Beau, you may want to consider a quick disconnect for your antenna. Mine works great. A fast push and turn, and your antenna is out of the way. Mine's a DD, I don't like having it on, when I don't need it. You can see the disconnect if you go to the for sale threads and look at my rear bumper/tire carrier ad(shameless plug )

Comment

99% of the time the stock jack will work just find. I only carrie a Hi-Lift if I'm by my self. If your with a group someone is caring one.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Finished installing RCV axles today:

Just have to give this greese fitting a shot of grease every few thousand miles. Simple as that now I just have to find another needle grease gun.

Impressions are high quality product fairly easy install with a bit of grinding.I did notice when on jack stands with jeep running in 4wd and in gear turning the wheel back and forth to make sure the boot has enough clearence it was really smooth. Did same thing with ujoints about month ago and definatly not as smooth. In fact had to stop turning the wheel because it was making so much racket lol. I think that was the locker engaging in and out because ujoint naturally speed up and slow down while turning. Who knows?

Comment

Beau, did you notice any difference with the RCV's? I was out at Calico this weekend. I noticed, how much smoother they feel. As well as I think they had a more solid feel. Kind of like, when you go from a lunchbox locker, to an arb, if you get my meaning. Along with the peace of mind, that I'll never break them, they're worth every penny.

Comment

You guys are making me want to spend more money... stop it, stop it, stop it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                  You guys are making me want to spend more money... stop it, stop it, stop it!!!
                  Obviously, you don't need any, encouragement, insperation, or reason, to spend.

Comment

Come on now Skeeter you know Your Little YJ needs more stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                      Beau, did you notice any difference with the RCV's? I was out at Calico this weekend. I noticed, how much smoother they feel. As well as I think they had a more solid feel. Kind of like, when you go from a lunchbox locker, to an arb, if you get my meaning. Along with the peace of mind, that I'll never break them, they're worth every penny.
                      They are definatly smoother on the turns and the fact they are just as strong in the turns as they are going straight unlike a ujoint makes me a happy camper. I run a lunch box locker up front always locked when I need it. I have an ocassional bang once in a a while when it realeases but that is normal and arb's do the same once in a while. If I drove the heep everyday I would probably go arb though.
                      Hey Bret(Skeetter) How did you get that nick name? You know what JEEP stands for lol.
                      Oh yea that rear savvy bumper is pretty tough:
                      Not rated for towing but I hung this ~ 300# bike and carrier on the back and it didn't move.

Last edited by Jeeperator; 04-01-12, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Hi Beau, I like your "bike bumper" it probably weighs the same as my rear rack now... I think a true test for your new RCV's will be to do a before/after and then go back to the before to see how different the ride is going from the RCV's back to your U joint setup. While you are doing this test i will be here to help you and will gladly hold onto your RCV shafts. I promise to hold them for you until the test is over. Only I will be the one to say when the test is over... after I move, change my screen name and paint my YJ so you can't find me

Oh... what nick name??? Can't a guy just take a nap around a camp fire in peace!!! Geez... ahahah!!

Comment

Hi Beau, I like your "bike bumper" it probably weighs the same as my rear rack now... I think a true test for your new RCV's will be to do a before/after and then go back to the before to see how different the ride is going from the RCV's back to your U joint setup. While you are doing this test i will be here to help you and will gladly hold onto your RCV shafts. I promise to hold them for you until the test is over. Only I will be the one to say when the test is over... after I move, change my screen name and paint my YJ so you can't find me

Oh... what nick name??? Can't a guy just take a nap around a camp fire in peace!!! Geez... ahahah!!
                          What nickname are you talking about Skeeter? I made one of those bike racks 22 years ago out of an old car bumper, hauled my old Suzuki dirt bike everywhere with it. Work well, the Savy bumpers comes with nice frame tie ins is the main reason this setup works that and the bumper is pretty rigid by design

Comment

LOL. That rack is my buddies (Freds son) I returned it this morning. Sad to see it go but I am sure if he isnt using it I can borrow it anytime. He made it years ago and I remembered he had it when I was thinking how I was going to get the bike up the hill this weekend. Worked perfect only thing id do different is lighten it up a bit and cut the reciever part so it fit closer to the jeep because the savvy bumper doesn't go all the way through. Back of jeep went up about 2 inches when I took the bike and rack off lol. As far as the rcv's they are nice but I got a killer deal on them. $1000 for axles for a d30 high pinion seems a bit pricey. Will they break? probably not but it just moves the weak link somwhere else like the ring gear, pinion gear or drive shaft ujoint.

Comment

I was just going to buy them so I could get the free orange matching beanie!!!

Comment

I was just going to buy them so I could get the free orange matching beanie!!!
                                :-) :-) :-) You is funny Skeeter

Comment

Working...
                                X