Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is real sweet, Art. (Nice Job)
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Thanks Curtis, slowly, but steadily picking away at it.

Comment

• Well today went from wood tinkering to steel tinkering.
        First made wife's day, hung the new door she has been wanting for a while.
        Planed and cut it to size last week, did a bit of fiddeling with it today and it fits like a glove.

Then rolled my buggy outside and started playing with some ideas for a driveshaft.

Seems to me this will work, will allow a crossmember between the lower control arms and not restrict rear axle travel.

Going to add a bit of tube to the rear cage also kinda like this from both sides

Then get some more tube and bend it so the rear has a bottom, kinda like this

Here is the rough bodywork on Tinkertoy's hood, it is somewhat back to it's original shape

Comment

• Should have the tube work for the back all done today, starting to like where the whole thing is going.
          Bought some 4"x4" square tubing 1/4" wall to built the crossmember and driveshaft support from.

Comment

• Great job on the door(impressing). Can't wait to see how the buggy works.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Originally posted by curtis View Post
              Great job on the door(impressing). Can't wait to see how the buggy works.
              Neither can I, I'll just keep pecking away at it and eventually it will be done.
              By the way Curtis if you want a Hammer beater that has actually a fair amount of nice stuff in it, check this one out

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3357426944.html Coilovers and stickies what more could you possibly want for that amount of money.
              Anyway back to the scheduled program, got the crossmember tacked in now it needs some notching and French love so the primary drive shaft kind of runs through it, with a bit of work I should be able to get decent driveline angles, the thing is also [lenty stout to gusset the frame side control arm mounts too. Rear tube work is pretty much done, I am happy with it. Bottom of the frame is 24" of the ground and I am pretty happy with how it sits now and where the air shock travel is at.

Comment

• I love it, 4x4 x .250" is beef
                holes = cowbell

Comment

• Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                  I love it, 4x4 x .250" is beef
                  It needed a bit of weight in the rear and a beefy crossmember to keep things in place.
                  This takes care of both

Comment

• Well, that is a handsome piece of metal.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

Well, that is a handsome piece of metal.
                      Done hacked that purty piece up!

Looks like I can make this driveline setup happen, going to have to find some U joints and I can weld the whole shebang together.

Comment

• nice! And that door is nice too
                        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Thanks Daniel

Comment

• So you're not going to mount the carrier bearing on/ in the crossmember?
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

• I bet the jerk that sold it to you is kickin himself right now :bonk:
                              You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

So you're not going to mount the carrier bearing on/ in the crossmember?
                                just behind it, seems like a good place for it. Weld two tabs to the back of the crossmember and bolt it to that

Comment

Working...
                                X