Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like that tire carrier and how easy it is to remove. VERY NICE!
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Well if you want to make one, I saved the piece of pipe that has the angles so it's a snap to copy the thing

Comment

• Very cool Art,like the simple easy on off mounting
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

• Today's little projects
          Made a license plate mount on the tire carrier
          Added a bit of tube to the cage.
          Also got the last 40" MTR delivered by Brown Santa.
          For decent price on MTR's and free shipping to some states check this place out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-35-12-...#ht_2313wt_947

On to today's projects

Last edited by aw12345; 06-23-12, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• My little put put Jeep wanted some other sneakers, some heavy SOB's too. Took some serious man handling to mount them, get them of the tire machine and get them puffed up. Looks pretty cool though. Got's to love them foorties

Last edited by aw12345; 06-28-12, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              My little put put Jeep wanted some other sneakers, some heavy SOB's too. Took some serious man handling to mount them, get them of the tire machine and get them puffed up. Looks pretty cool though. [COLOR="red"]Got's to love them foorties[/COLOR]
              [color="darkred"]For the price...yea...you really do.[/color]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Out in the sunlight

Found some stickers in the mail, never asked for them. Thought that was a pretty cool gesture

Difference between 37" tire and 40" tire 36.5" versus 39.5"

Last edited by aw12345; 06-30-12, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Gots to built me a flex ramp some day out of a bunch of scrap steel

This temp ramp building is for the birds, on the bright side looks like the sneakers will work and clear. Guess a quicky trip up Cleghorn is next

Comment

• Well since yesterday's little wheelin outing, I think it's becoming time to fudge with the rear suspension of my little yellow darling a bit. I always hated the wheel hopping on the thing and since my other Jeep has none.
                    I can sit in that one and smoke all four tires as much as I like.
                    I decided to do some measuring to see what anti squad the suspension has with this Fulltraction short arm trilink, pretty horrid as it sits it has like 200% anti squad. Just moving some stuff around will get me somewhere between 70 to 95%. Since my other Jeep is at 100% and climbs stuff really well, I will probably try to go for 95%
                    This is about what I came up with, going to crawl under sometime soon to see how feasible it is to make it this way.

What I would really like to do is stretch it a bit in the front, run 12" coilovers and mid arm it. But that will have to wait till after my big toy sports a 5.3 Chevy

Comment

• Before I read your narrative, I was looking at your calculator thinking All that, and he made a short arm??

How educated is your guesswork on the COG, and how much lift? 3.5"?
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

• Lift is the same as it ever was, 3.5" RE springs. You can fudge around with the Center of gravity up or down a bit and it does change the other numbers very little. Main thing is to fix the axle hopping, right now it has about 200% anti squad

Comment

• Yeah, 200% antisquat seems pretty crazy. Too bad the suspension geniuses at Fulltraction didn't have Triage's 4-link calculator. Guess there's only so much you can do with a bolt on kit and stockish wheelbase though.

I was interested in your COG because based on the top bolt of the bellhousing, I've been guessing mine to be about 5"-6" higher than what you were figuring for little yeller. I wouldn't mind at all if it turned out I was guessing a little high. I'm interested in COG because I don't particularly care for rolling. Always that trade off between COG and ground clearance.
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

• David, there's a COG calculator on jeepaholics tech pages.
                            God forgives, rocks don't
                            -sons of thunder

Comment

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                              David, there's a COG calculator on jeepaholics tech pages.
                              That thing is way elaborate. Have looked at that. For practical purposes on this calculator you can user the assumption that it's somewhere between the crankshaft centerline and the upper bellhousing bolt. Changing the measurements between these numbers has very little effect on the rest of the numbers

Comment

• Found me a hunk of steel that would make some nice lower control arm mounts.
                                However now that the lid is of the worms are starting to crawl out, as you can see when I mount the control arm where I want, the shocks will hang to low, so will have to outboard those. Been meaning to do that for a long time as well as moving the upper spring seats back a tad. Then the front mount point of the tri link wishbone needs to go up about an inch or so, but that may interfere with the fuel lines.
                                This Jeep stuff is just so much fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X