Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since it's a battle to figure out where your right front tire hangs out when you try to place it on a rock I tried to do something about it.
    Seems to work pretty well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUCK...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by aw12345; 11-02-11, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• What you do? put a rightfronttire cam on?

Comment

• Yup sure did

Comment

• that's trick!
          holes = cowbell

Comment

• Liking the idea but needed a bit more work so here is a somewhat more expanded experimental version.
            Got another camera, got it for free because the connector was f'd up. Placed a E bay bit on a somewhat larger monitor so I can see a bit better.
            First one is the view through the wind shield. Second one is the camera view complement it nicely.
            First set off arrows is about 6" or so in front of the tires and the second set of arrows is about a foot and a half in front of the tires.
            Should work nicely to give me a better picture of where the shoes ought to go.

Comment

• Finished my camera project the thing doesn't particularly sit where I wanted it but this spot gives me a good view and puts both front tires in the bottom corners of the screen. That should make judging where the tires ought to go fairly simple.
              Will head out to Calico this Monday or Tuesday to see how well it works

Comment

• Whoa, that looks like some kind of weird ultra-sound thing. Must be that Jeep thang that bounces around in our heads.
                All slow and no show

Comment

• Looks cool Art. One thing you may consider is designing a spring loaded pull-away mount to fold it back if you happen to flop. A trigger hoop a few inches above the camera may give enough time to keep from adding camera replacement to the repair costs.
                  God forgives, rocks don't
                  -sons of thunder

Comment

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                    Looks cool Art. One thing you may consider is designing a spring loaded pull-away mount to fold it back if you happen to flop. A trigger hoop a few inches above the camera may give enough time to keep from adding camera replacement to the repair costs.
                    The Camera was free. As long as I don't endo it ought to be fine

Comment

• Worked on my buddy's Jeep, continued where we left of last month.
                      Last month we rolled the axles under there and tacked all the spring brackets in.Today we flexed it,so we could figure out where and how to mount the shocks and get the amount of up and down travel figured out for the shocks.
                      Then I welded everything together. Not bad progress for 14 hours of work.
                      Now he has to figure out his steering and stick some driveshafts in there and he is good to go.

Last edited by aw12345; 11-26-11, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Also got my bigger video monitor in the mail, hooked it up and am liking it.
                        7" monitor makes it a lot easier to see, just debating if I want to put a camera underneath to keep an Eye on the pumkin when there are some big marbles going underneath

Comment

• I like it Art. No need for a spoter. COOL
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• The more the Jeep goes up the bigger the dead spot where you are guessing as to what is up ahead. I definitely like it

Comment

• Finished wiring my little project and started messing with the camera underneath, figured it wouldn't hurt to aim it somewhat at the right rear tire. Should give me an idea what goes on at all 4 tires when one of my lines turns out to be questionable :-)

Comment

• Going to screw with the rear suspension a bit this week, it just isn't hooking up as good as it should.
                                So I plugged my numbers in a 4 link calculator and with a bit of work I will end up with this.

Did some more playing with the 4 link calc, always looking to squeeze more out of what I got. Kinda like this. Will be a bit of work to lower the frame side lower mounts. If I lower the lower arm bolt holes on the frame side 1" it does make a lot of things look nicer.

Crawled under there did some measuring and this is what I am going with. Moved the upper arms down, the lower pivot point is going to be 1/2" further back and that is it.

Comment

Working...
                                X