Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got load range D radials dedicated trailer tires ST rated, don't really need to go over 65 anyway Trailer tires aren't cheap but I hate breakdowns and blowouts

Comment

• Ok, thanks Art.

Steve
      All slow and no show

Comment

• I like that little driveshaft skid plate, is that something you made? or available somewhere?
        [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
        www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• That one is unique to a 14 bolt the closes to that is the Nt degree diffslider, I don't know if AEV still makes it after they took over NT degree. Since it had a few issues and was pretty expensive.

Comment

• Today was a 1 step forward and 5 steps back day. Got a 1350 yoke for the front axle, getting the rear driveshaft retubed.
            Found a new throwout bearing, Chrysler is sure proud of those. When trying to stap the 5 speed into my yellow Jeep the day turned to crap. Darn transmission didn't want to go all the way in, 1/8" remaining and it jammed the clutch, would not release anymore. Took it back out and decided that an English cousin of Chrysler did something morphedite, so took the flywheel off. Took the trans back out of the otjer Jeep, took that flywheel out and figured out what those monkeys did. One flywheel has the pilot bearing in an adapter in the flywheel the other has an adapter and the pilot bearing in the crank. Oh well time wasted, but got it figured out.
            Found my blind bushing puller set, hadn't used that in over 20 years pulled the thing out, tapped it in the crank of the other Jeep and now I can go find the energy to reassemble the whole shebang

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              Today was a 1 step forward and 5 steps back day. Got a 1350 yoke for the front axle, getting the rear driveshaft retubed.
              Found a new throwout bearing, Chrysler is sure proud of those. When trying to stap the 5 speed into my yellow Jeep the day turned to crap. Darn transmission didn't want to go all the way in, 1/8" remaining and it jammed the clutch, would not release anymore. Took it back out and decided that an English cousin of Chrysler did something morphedite, so took the flywheel off. Took the trans back out of the otjer Jeep, took that flywheel out and figured out what those monkeys did. One flywheel has the pilot bearing in an adapter in the flywheel the other has an adapter and the pilot bearing in the crank. Oh well time wasted, but got it figured out.
              Found my blind bushing puller set, hadn't used that in over 20 years pulled the thing out, tapped it in the crank of the other Jeep and now I can go find the energy to reassemble the whole shebang
              Will a aw4 trans bolt up to the 4banger? Or is it a different pattern?

Comment

• Nope.2.4 has an oddball entirely different bolt pattern. One the bright side 6 speed is back in rear trans mount got some love and fits nicely. So there is progress

Comment

• One down, one to go.
                  Bigun is much happier with the 6 speed, just putting down the street in front wheeldrive

Comment

• Today was actually a productive day. Got the trans and the transfer case stabbed in my little Jeep, straightened the skidplate. It has had a 1" bow in it since the last time I ran Sledgehammer with it. Putting it on 2 wood blocks, then parking a tire of the Jeep on it and a good couple of whacks with a sledgehammer made short work of that. Tomorrow picking up the rear driveshaft for my toy, changing the oil in the Atlas and putting the belly skid back on that one and it's done. Then making a new tranny mount for the little one and a improved pivot for the transfercase linkage and that one will be all happy again too. Then mounting new tires on my trailer and I am ready for more fun.

Comment

• Got 2 running driving Jeeps again, picked up and installed the retubed driveshaft for my toy. Reworked the transfercase linkage on my other Jeep. Altered the bracket on the transfercase so that the little bellcrank is horizontal again and not in a bind. Did some fabwork on the transmission mount installed the driveshafts and the belly skid and my little Jeep drives nice and smooth, no more trans rumbling against the floor due to the big bend in the bellyup.

Comment

• Started to do some tinkering on my trailer, this ought to keep the frame from bowing to much

Comment

• Art, didn't you have another 6 speed already? Bet it feels like a different animal now.
                          God forgives, rocks don't
                          -sons of thunder

Comment

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                            Art, didn't you have another 6 speed already? Bet it feels like a different animal now.
                            I do but the bellhousing for a 6 cyl is different so it no worky. I am happy with the swap so it's all good, now to get the coin for a 5.3 and an auto and we will do the whole thing again

Comment

• Continued with my trailer tinkering

Last edited by aw12345; 04-16-12, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Is there a reason you plan on doing a 5.3 and auto swap. Are you planning on taking it to the state referee to get it to pass smog?

Comment

Working...
                                X