Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Thursday to Saturday, provided I figure out what it wrong with the steering box. It was habing a fit so halfway up Cleghorn I turned around and drove back to the highway

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Hi Mark, Andrew and Stuart are flaking out on you lol? We might head out there again towards the end of next week, will keep ya posted
      Originally posted by 100dollarman View Post
      Andrew? Andrew who? I THINK I might remember someone named Andrew that used to wheel a long time ago....

Stuart and I have been out several times and havin' a blast. I am usually up for week day trips (or weekends), so let me know---

THX!
      Hey, I know I've been slacking off but I've been having some U joint problems. One of the joint manufacturer's has a newer design on the market which they've had great success with over the past few years. They're stronger, last longer and are made of titanium and ceramic. Tomorrow (Monday) I get the passenger side installed. If all goes well the driver side will be next.

Installation instructions below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-KFQDB6Tb4

Comment

• You should be good for a lot more runs when done. We miss you out there Andrew get better soon so you can show us around with your new u joints.
        You can make it

Comment

• Andrew good luck on the bionic U joints, doc gonna give ya a new smile too lol?

Comment

• Seems like I made a wise decision yesterday when I turned around and headed back to the trailhead when my steering started to act up.

On the bright side the housing is reusable, just got to find a old steering box where I can rob some parts out off.

Comment

• Andrew stated to watch video but had to turn it off, made my knees hurt. Get well soon.
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Thanks guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double AA View Post
                  Thanks guys.
                  Ya know how full of love this place is Andrew

Comment

• I didnt know that AA was a 59 yr old female! LOL

Get well soon!

Comment

• You so nice Mark, anyway the steering box is back together, it has powersteering again, cuts of a bit early on one side so when I have time I'll port the other one or braze or weld up the inside of this one. Raised up the rear upper control arms a notch so I can see where that goes. Now the wait is on for my front diff cover. I hate to always have to rush, cut the heck out of 2 fingers unwrapping pizza, just couldn't be a good day all together :o(

Comment

• Took my toy out for it's 4th run, the Jeep performed great during this round of Jeep torture, still need to fix the powersteering properly and it looks like I want to swap springs on my coil overs I would like it to sit about 2" higher.
                        21" of belly height is not cutting it, and since I set the suspension up to have 23" of belly height it should be no more than swapping some springs.Other than that she happily took her licking and kept on ticking. Overall I am very happy with this Jeep built it's plenty stable off camber and on very steep climbs the nose does not come up to much. So overall my redneck engineering works pretty darn well. Could use bigger diam tires, but for now these work well and seem to hold up very well to my abuse. This Jeep turned wheelin at the Hammers from work into a ton of fun

Comment

• awesome job art , glad your happy ...i knew you would have a blast once it got done . instead of springs maybe you need taller tires BFG 40-42's would do the trick ........

Comment

• Hi Steve, I am quite happy with the doggies, a set of springs is the first order of business

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              Hi Steve, I am quite happy with the doggies, a set of springs is the first order of business
                              how much pre-load are you running on your springs right now??
                              [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                              PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

• Front and rear the collar nuts are 3" down from the top of the threads

Comment

Working...
                                X